• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Enjoy the new forums!

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
For those not already familiar with vbulletin, have some patience and take some time getting used to the changes.
User CP means User Control Panel, and it's where you can update all of your forum settings.

One feature you might enjoy is the Ignore Users function.
When any user in your ignore list posts in a thread, you'll see that they posted, but you won't be able to see their text. You can opt to view certain posts of their's if you want, but still keep them in the ignore list.
Very very helpful for tuning out the posters you can't stand. ;)

Last edited:
meh! i kinda liked the old one just cause it was different then all the others..oh well

are we getting new mods?

its not too bad, will take some time to get used to. I think teamzetec.org uses it. I'm not sure though. It'll be an experience.

i am kinda saddened by the change.
i really liked the setup of the old forums.
oh well.

This sucks! UBB was the reason I loved CEG so much. vBulletin is overdone. I like simple, basic, easy to read, and fast. :(

AARGRRGRGRHHH!!!
i just realized one more thing..vbullitin doesnt automaticaly jump to your last read post!!!
i hate having to click that 'View first unread'

There are a few things I find annoying but overall the forum switch was for the best. I *really* wish that VBulletin supported users uploading their own themes - I don't care for the defaults provided and there are some I found from vbulletin.com that I like a lot. Also think the User CP isn't nearly as powerful as it could be. Ultimate customizability isn't an option though so we'll have to take what we're given and beg Lance / et al for some code hacks.

I will say though that VBulletin's search feature > UBBThread's. In the future with more posts in this forum we'll be able to appreciate that much more!

2000Myst - teamZetec.org is powered by phpBB according to their website. I know that maxima.org is powered by VBulletin but they crippled their search function :mad: which makes the otherwise powerful forums there useless for me. VBulletin is used by a lot of webmasters that want a powerful solution, whereas phpBB is almost as powerful but requires a lot more customization (though is free and open-source).

Last edited:
hehe
schneaky!!

just figured out somehting else i dont like..
the fact that it logs you out after a little while!
i like to leave the forums open in th ebackround while working because i have to step away from my desk quite often.
like my reply in the saleen contour thread, i was halfway thru the reply and i had to leave, i came back and had to re-log in and type it all over
blah

AARGRRGRGRHHH!!!
i just realized one more thing..vbullitin doesnt automaticaly jump to your last read post!!!
i hate having to click that 'View first unread'

I know. That's the part I don't like. FTE (Ford Truck Enthusiasts) uses vBulletin and I always liked CEG better!!

where did all of the old fourms go? i hate this! loud noises! all of the previous posts from previous conversations are gone? :-( and alot of the fun faces went away

and my link to my cardomain is gone!

Yeah, we gotta have Lance update the main page to have two archived forum links.
I didn't realize how many people log onto the forums through the main site until now.
I always had just the forums bookmarked.

har

har

When the forums page loaded I saw it was different than I'm used to so I hit the back button and tried again. The same page came up and I started to get agitated. Then I looked at the address bar and saw that it was the right address. I took a closer look and realized that I was in the right place, it was just different than I'm used to seeing.

Back