• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

engine torques up too much due to bad motor mount

OBContour

CEG'er
1998 Contour with the basic v6, i need to replace the rear motor mount. Does anyone out there have any information on how to do the motor mount(i.e. how difficult is it, how long does it take, and some tips on how to do it)?????????

Very easy as long as you don't round off the bolts. The mount is right behind the transmission ( assumes a manual trans ). I think they are 15 mm bolts but it has been awhile. SPRAY WITH Blaster where the bolts thread in and let sit for an hour. They should come out easily. About an hour for your first one. About 15 minutes for the next.

You can also fill the bad motor mount to repair it. There are threads on this.

It an Automatic tranny(forgot to mention that). The motor mount is to the point where i can grab the uim and easily shake the motor. Is it any different for the auto? Do i have to move the motor in any way?

If you have access to an engine hoist or a transverse engine support bar it would be good to use that to hold the engine in place while changing the motor mount.

That mount is very difficult to change on an automatic vehicle with little experience.

Do you have a step by step process on how to change the part, I've already order it from Rockauto, it'll be here in a week or so

Back