• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

engine fan temp.

volcomsk8a

CEG'er
at what marking on the your temp gauge does your low fan come on??? i cant get mine to come on lately, and i really don't feel like testing it by letting the car overheat being that i just replaced the head gasket.

I jumped the relay so I know that the fan does work. also my a/c doesnt come on anymore and when trying to do so i dont get the fan to come on.

My fan comes on at M, I think "A" is typical for the Zetec. Try unplugging the ECT sensor, the fan should run nonstop, with the check engine light on. If it doesn't, could be blown fuse 60A or PCM (computer) wiring flaw. Maybe this diagram can help. I got it from alldatadiy.com.

V6Fan.gif
[/IMG]

Yes, ECT #8 is on top. The one on the bottom of tstat is the Temp Gauge sender. Take a look, courtesy Autozone.com:

0900823d801bcbb9.gif

okay I guess everything is working okay now. i let it heat up all the way and the fan kicked on. the only thing is now the a/c still ain't working. anyone try one of those walmart a/c pressure gauges?

How high on the gauge was "all the way"? The pressure in the A/C system is about 80-100 PSI with the car off and cold engine. If it's much less, the pressure will drop to where the compressor shuts off and cycles on and off. The compressor will not run if there is an empty system. The accumulator canister may have rusted out. It's located in front of the battery next to the radiator.

Back