• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

e0, e1, someone educate me

tvissoc

CEG'er
I see references to e0 and e1. What do those refer to? Any other abbreviations I should know, and is there a FAQ describing them? I have looked, but there is so much info around here.

Thanks,

Tony

This topic has been covered several times.

rims, harness, ECU, dash, clock, talight wiring and housings... etc

Has been posted a lot. Before anyone else says it make sure you use the search feature on this forum.

E0 = 98
E1 = 98.5+

There were slight changes on the svts about midway through 98 (rims, brakes, ding guards I believe, Etc...) Svts after the change are E1's.

Sam ya beat me to it!

Last edited:
Also, I don't seem to see a FAQ about running changes. Honestly, I have done some searching first before asking questions. I understand how the same basic questions can burden a forum as busy as this one is.

Tony

Hopefully someone thats is good with our stupid search feature will post old links.

Has been posted a lot. Before anyone else says it make sure you use the search feature on this forum.

E0 = 98
E1 = 98.5+

There were slight changes on the svts about midway through 98 (rims, brakes, ding guards I believe, Etc...) Svts after the change are E1's.

Sam ya beat me to it!

+1

the search sucks, maybe we could fix that? would certainly save the lot of us a bunch of trouble....

the ding guards did not change exactly at the e0/e1 crossover. i have an e1 with the older style ding guards and mine is #5314.

+1

the search sucks, maybe we could fix that? would certainly save the lot of us a bunch of trouble....

No it wouldn't

Besides, these changes are hard to sum up, because some E0s received E1 parts, some E1s got E0 parts. Not only that, but there doesn't really seem to be a clear cut off date....

I see references to e0 and e1. What do those refer to? Any other abbreviations I should know, and is there a FAQ describing them? I have looked, but there is so much info around here.

Thanks,

Tony

I was going to post a thread about it too, but I figured I would get bashed.. thanks for doing it for me!

I'd be wary, I was reading through all of those, and one that stuck out at me was the trunk light for 1997. I have a 1996 and it has a trunk light. Just some food for thought I guess. They also say the roof line was altered, which doesn't make 100% sense, because the E0 rear windshields and 3rd brake lights were supposedly leftover from the pre98.

Eh...it's Wiki. If it's not right and you know better, edit the info.

Yeah well I don't know when those particular changes occurred. I think my car was built late in the MY1996, which could have something to do with it. I just stay wary when it comes to obscure topics.

I'd be wary, I was reading through all of those, and one that stuck out at me was the trunk light for 1997. I have a 1996 and it has a trunk light. Just some food for thought I guess. They also say the roof line was altered, which doesn't make 100% sense, because the E0 rear windshields and 3rd brake lights were supposedly leftover from the pre98.

all years i believe have a trunk light.

not positive about the alteration of the roof line. however I have always recalled something was adjusted to increase space for the rear seat passangers.

and i noted that it might not be 100% correct since it is on Wiki. however alot of the details of the difference between E0 and E1 cars can be picked up from there.

not positive about the alteration of the roof line. however I have always recalled something was adjusted to increase space for the rear seat passangers.

I was under the belief that the backs of the front seats were redesigned ("scooped") to increase knee / leg room for the rear seat passengers.

I was under the belief that the backs of the front seats were redesigned ("scooped") to increase knee / leg room for the rear seat passengers.

No they REMOVED the scoops from the backs of the rear seats. My 1996 has the scoops, a 1998 won't. Not sure about 1997.

Back