• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno'd the SVT

Steeda...

Something Like a Professional
heres what it is. On a mustang Dyno

ohh BTW this is the $800 SVT contour :)
2.5L with a K&N filter
SVT exhuast with one broken Manifold to Ypipe stud to there is a gap and a check engine light. Obviously air is getting into the exhuast after the engine before the tailpipe where the o2 was placed
Recent Upper and lower cleaning and plugs and wires

Reved to 6900rpm
165HP
142Tq
DSC01078.jpg

DSC01079.jpg

Last edited:
scan0001.jpg

170 / 148 if you cant read it.

stock precats, gutted sho -shop ypipe, 2.5" trubendz magnaflow. Basic intake. and CEL for lean on bank 1 (w00t)

Discuss:

Jason keeps pulling until the soft limiter, and mine seems to level off alot earlier. Also, the dips in my hp / tq at the upper range.

Discuss:

Jason keeps pulling until the soft limiter, and mine seems to level off alot earlier. Also, the dips in my hp / tq at the upper range.

the dips at high rpms could be a couple different things, some variations in fuel pressure, turbulence through the MAF, spark inefficiency at high rpms due to older plugs or to much gap, dirty intake manifold, etc...

Jason just cleaned the intake & changed plugs & wires which probably helped the upper end of his pulls.

My intakes have never been cleaned, they have 87k miles of gunk in them

Wont have to worry about that soon enough....

1000468mediumol9.jpg

This is my baseline dyno. Hopefully will have more power soon, working on it.
Well cared for 98.5 w/ KKM MAF adapter and K&N, no resonator, and two dynomax mufflers, stock piping.

im not feelin that. soo your tellin me that with one set of secondaries not working your making 8hp more on a mustang dyno? Maybe with a uncalibrated dyno.

im not feelin that. soo your tellin me that with one set of secondaries not working your making 8hp more on a mustang dyno? Maybe with a uncalibrated dyno.
I'm pretty sure one bank of secondaries wasn't working, because it had felt the same since I've owned it until just the other weekend we found it unhooked. It explains the torque not being quite as much as it should.
And I'm making 8hp more than what? Your car? They're different cars, you can't expect them to put down the same power. And the dyno is calibrated and accurate. Every other car that has been on it is putting out what they should.
But if it makes you feel better, you can say the dyno is way off or whatever makes you smile.

Last edited:
I personally don't care what you dyno but its hard to believe that a car without one secondary working would put down that much.

even more so with your lack of mods

Well torque was lower than it should have been compared to the HP. Figuring that's where the secondaries not opening on the one bank came into play.
But the dyno is accurate so it is what it is. And I had no CEL at the time (if comparing to your's/pud's dynos).

Well torque was lower than it should have been compared to the HP. Figuring that's where the secondaries not opening on the one bank came into play.
But the dyno is accurate so it is what it is. And I had no CEL at the time (if comparing to your's/pud's dynos).

Torque being lower wouldn't have anything to do with the secondaries not opening. But if the one bank was stuck open...and the other bank was operating correctly that could possibly explain it. Then that would also explain why your hp was still "within range". ;)

Yeah, that is a good point.

I saw the secondary IMRC rod hanging off from a broken clip. I know the front bank could not be operating correctly but I cannot say how long that was before hand, nor do I remember if it fell off while the plates were open.

Back