• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dyno result ftl

grahamb

CEG'er
:mad: so i just got back from the dyno i got 134hp and 148tq for a 98 svt wtf this sucks, so my guess my next "mod" is gonna be fix my secondaries anyone know around how much it would cost to fix.

You sure, your IMRC is even opening?

Also, a good idea is to pull the upper and lower. Clean them. Check the secondaries at the same time.

Same here which is why i asked....
im in orlando, any help would be grealty appreciated idk if i wanna risk it, i dont know how much down time its gonna be if i do it myself., but if its relatively quick ill go for it

figured i'd throw it out there if he descides to get into it and clean them.. helped my pre-98.. secondaries were stuck....

Do you have any CEL codes? If your IMRC is shot, shouldn't you show some?

Meanwhile, I had a main cat go bad and break up once, the fragments started to plug my exhaust, so I had like 110 fwhp before it was fixed.

The IMRC is so easy though... All you need to do to check that is pop the hood, look straight down below the throttle body at the little linkage running the secondaries. Give it enough throttle to get over 4k rpms. If you don't see that linkage moving you need a new IMRC or its something in that respect.

Post up your dyno graph if you have it.... If the power falls flat on its face around 4k rpms its a good indication.

The IMRC is so easy though... All you need to do to check that is pop the hood, look straight down below the throttle body at the little linkage running the secondaries. Give it enough throttle to get over 4k rpms. If you don't see that linkage moving you need a new IMRC or its something in that respect.

Post up your dyno graph if you have it.... If the power falls flat on its face around 4k rpms its a good indication.

Bingo, either that or just pin them open:laugh:

ill try to scan of my dynograph, but as far as pinning them open i heard you might lose hp that way, if the pre cat stuff fell out where would it end up ypipe?

From the looks of things thats the least of your worries.....

Pinning them open would either varify or disprove that yor IMRC is functioning....if the car actually has some life above 3800 RPM with them pinned open as opposed to not, then the IMRC is most certainly your problem.

my IMRC failure never gave me a code. the only way you can get a code apparently is if the spring doesnt have any tension on it. well my spring had tension on it, but the box was fried.

its about 138$ new from steve at tousley ford, but i bet you could get one pretty cheap from a CEG'er.

you should get a manual and look at the how-to though, the secondary clips could be gone and the linkage is possibly just laying in the engine bay somewhere.....

Back