• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno numbers are in for Project Mavro Gato ....

i saw that program used on the gameboy. thought it was pretty neat. easy to use, seemed to have alot of different programs and uses an existing piece of equipment. that is if ya had a game boy :crazy:

I'm sorry, but THAT is lame. What if you don't have a Gameboy ... you now have another expense related to getting this EBC up and running. Yes, it's cheaper than a laptop, and I'm sure that's what they where getting at ... not require a laptop to tune, but most people that tune their own cars already have a laptop. What they should do is offer software that will allow them to program with a laptop if they so choose.

I got mine used, with gameboy for like 450 bucks.

Gameboys are cheap and it's a lot more convenient to mount in my car for display purposes.

So your controls cost about 1/2 as much as mine but mine does Duty cycle vs. RPM at like 8 points and has a seperate map for each of the 5 gears.

So i guess that is really lame.

I'm not saying it's a lame controller, I'm saying it's lame that you MUST use a Gameboy. I would love to own a controller that does those things, but at the time, I couldn't justify the cost in my budget as I would much rather put the difference in getting a wideband A/F monitor.

Seems to me that you can't find anything nice to say, but instead, feel the need to nitpick my choice of controller because I have a gripe with it's tuning. Now THAT is lame!

I was picking on your choice of boost controller because you apparently had a rough time tuning it... but whatever.

Did you figure out the valve cover vents, pcv issue yet?

For my car, I had to get a really tight sealing PCV valve to stop those things from happening. Even the brand new ones from Ford were terrible and would allow boost to pressurize the crankcase. Thus spewing oil out of the VCV and the BOV.

I went to pep boys and opened up (staff didnt like it) about 3 packages and blew through them until I found one that sealed tightly. All crank case pressure issues solved. I was able to then route the VCV back into the intake without fear of ingesting a ton of oil vapor. Made the car idle better too.

now SHOgoFast needs to get a big intercooler on it so hes not bottlenecked ;)

So true. The TQ absolutely falls on its face as soon as the secondaries open up and it needs to breath. I plan to have nautilus' largest FMIC on by SZ08. My setup is very very close to that of Stazi, minus a proper intercooler. He made 350lb/tq and 300+ hp so I feel I should be able to get at least close to that. I think he figures theres more in there too if his FMIC was larger.

Back