• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno Numbers after 3L

Just because two people dyno with two different Dynojet brand machines does not mean ANYTHING. You CANNOT COMPARE TWO DYNOS UNLESS THEY WERE DONE AT THE SAME PLACE, and (preferably) at the SAME TIME!

I almost went down the street to dyno my car on the dynojet just to see the difference. I was pretty upset about the tune thinking I was pretty far down from the reg. tuning spot for 3.0L cars. But I guess I am right there with them,

I almost went down the street to dyno my car on the dynojet just to see the difference. I was pretty upset about the tune thinking I was pretty far down from the reg. tuning spot for 3.0L cars. But I guess I am right there with them,

That is really hard to say. While dyno's are corrected for pressure and temperature (which indirectly is also correcting for altitude), they should theoretically be comparable. But across different machines that can have loading or not is really a moot point.
Even across dynojet brands isn't that fair of a comparison because nothing is perfect and not all dynos are perfectly calibrated every time. :help:

So I'd say you could still try a different dyno just to see where you are in the ballpark, but thinking your power is less because someone elses is higher may not be the way to go.

Did anyone read my post? Should have explained everything pretty well. No need to add or subtract, cause that doesnt mean a thing.

If you want DynoJet numbers, go and get them on a DynoJet. For a DD dyno, you have solid numbers.

Back