• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DRL Jumper

Danno-23

CEG'er
Just did the fog light mod this evening, as a bonus I added a single pole double throw switch to the mix, so I can turn the mod back to normal at the flick of a switch.

Now I want to get rid of my DRLs. My car was american born, so I do have the jumper somewhere in this house (to let both highbeams light up). But, what I need is a picture of the DRL Relay jumper.
If someone can provide a picture of one, or provide me with a close up picture of your fuse box (if you dont have DRLs). Then I can either find my jumper, or just figure our what slots in the relay holder to jam some metal stock into.

If you want to trade the DRL relay I'm sure you will get someone who will send you one. I have one you could have myself I can mail a jumper to you. PM me

Just need a picture of it. I have one in the garage somewhere but i dont know what it looks like.
After I bought the car my father installed the drl relay when I was gone out one day. This was nearly three years ago now so he doesnt remember what it looks like either.

The two connections you need are in the row of three through the middle. If you look at the pins there are two that face the same way when you include the middle one and one that is turned 90deg. You want the two outside ones. The one turned 90deg. and the one furthest across from it.

--
I I -- (Attempt to show pins/ use the outside two in this line)
--

And the jumper connects these two pins, with just a piece of say sheet metal? So I could go fold up some 1/16th sheet steel and get away with it?

yawtyler, I plan on keeping the relay for now because its law up here. Just on hand as backup you know. Might eventually try and rig fog lamps as the DRLs, so maybe I'll need it for that

I would use some heavy (12ga wire) and two spade lug connectors. headlights use about 8 amps. If using metal strip the original was made of copper for handling the power. sheet metal is not as good a conductor and if it corrodes it will be even less.

Yeah good point. That sheet metal wont last long. Copper is probably best. 12 gauge is likely safe for most stuff on the car.
But some of you are missing the point. I do not need to buy a new jumper! I have one in my garage. I simply have absolutely no clue of what it looks like, because someone else took it out and installed the relay.

Here ya go Danno:

DRLjumper.jpg

Back