• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Drag tire opinions

Cool, nice to hear I won't be the only one doing some drag racing this summer!

Either way you should be fine. With the slicks hopefully you can get the car to hook up and run some good times. Be careful launching it though. I'm sure some of the guys on here can tell you all about shearing axles...

Also, make sure you have a good set of motor mounts to help reduce wheel hop.

well the M/T require tubes the other doesnt specify. if you run a tube its recommended that you put bead locks in. if you dont wanna drill into your rims try to find one that doesnt need a tube. IMHO id go with the M/T's just drill for beadlocks and run a tube.

I ran the ET Streets on the mustang, I know they weren't in your options but they were awesome.

I get what you are saying, but I will not be running them that low on air, And a soft sidewall will help alot. I have street tires, I'm looking for a drag only tire.

well, kyleQ has a torsen diff and a spec stage1 clutch. his clutch was fine before the LSD but about a week after he started noticing a small amount of slipping. with sticky tires, a LSD, and a stage1 clutch, you'll experience a little slippage i'd bet. the stage1 is just a copy of the stock SVT clutch. it'll hold a little more power, but a 3L like yours with the mods you have is really at the peak of it's recommended power level. talk to svtCuervo or w/e his name is lol.... he's got the best deals on spec clutches and he gets them out fast :) for when you do need a beefier one ;)

Back