• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Doubletree O'Hare ??

That was cool. Did you at least do any sight seeing while you were here?

Sight seeing? LOL!!! I saw a lot of tall buildings, a lot of pot holes, and a lot of complete ass clowns driving like they owned the streets! I honestly don't see what people see in big cities. It was SUNDAY, and the traffic jams were horrible! The only sight I enjoyed seeing, was Chicago in my rearview mirror. :crazy:

todras said:
Whatr the hell was he looking for?

He was used to his stock SVT that he bought new, and totalled at 130k miles. I probably would have thought the same thing, had I test driven my car over 8 million pot holes. I would have been pretty turned off by the harsh ride. Then again, I've been driving a Lincoln for a little while, and loving the smooth ride. I tried explaining that if Irvine, California has nice roads like Fort Wayne does, he'll probably enjoy the ride of the car with the Koni/Eibach setup. I suppose he was looking for a stock suspensioned, 3L SVT.:shrug:

Mark

Tell that b!tch I have stock SVT springs laying in my garage he can have for free. Stock SVT struts are $60 a piece for the fronts and like $70-80 ea. for the rear. Test driving in Chicago. WTF! I would have been pissed.

Tell that b!tch I have stock SVT springs laying in my garage he can have for free. Stock SVT struts are $60 a piece for the fronts and like $70-80 ea. for the rear. Test driving in Chicago. WTF! I would have been pissed.

I've been to Chicago probably 4-5 times in my life. I guess with all the hype to live in a big city, and having roads that hundreds of thousands of people drive on daily, the roads would be in 1/2 way decent shape. Boy was I wrong! It definitely made me miss the streets here in town! Oh well I guess. I've got a couple other people that are interested, so I'll keep this thread updated if anyone "shows me the money!"

Mark

Wow, I've got stock SVT struts with 50k I would have let go for next to nothing! Wow, what a waste of time. That guy obviously doesn't know what he's missing out on! :laugh:

Back