• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

does anyone know...

You're not even sure it's not the a/c though. Things just don't come loose. If it's a head you might as well get another engine. Maybe it's just the idler pully.

its nothing belt related. took it off today. its inside the engine

sounds like 3L time:laugh:

anyone or place that they trust cracking open an svt 2.5? got something going on inside and no one around here really knows these engines

just do it yourself ??? or just make a video sound clip of the problem for more help..if you do that people on here can help you figure out what it is

It's silly to pay a person to tell you the engine is shot. Might as well put that towards a new engine and paying todras to come and do it.

Last edited:
Saw and heard your car last night. Ouch. I go to those guys all the time and dropped my car off last night for the Alternator. Pulled in an to my surprise there was a black SVT Contour in the parking lot. Parked beside it and then realized it was your's. Hopefully they can figure it all out for you.

yeah its the timing chain. its fubard.... looks like its 3L time

About damn time, I was getting tired of leaving your car in the dust :D. Let me know if you want to go ahead with my engine hook up.

Aaron
PS Congrats on finally fubaring the SVT Motor :).

I have ALL the timing gear (guides, chain, sprockets...you name it) if you want it, if you come get it it's FREE! (just because I'm a nice guy).

It's from an SVT motor with 71,000 kms on it.

Back