• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dirty after wash?

Big Daddy Kane

Hard-core CEG'er
What do you call that film of dirt that gets left behind after you wash your car?

I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about... it comes off when you run your finger through it.

How do I go about eliminating this? I scrubbed the crap out of the car, or do I just suck at the car washing?

Sounds like soap film.

Do you wash the car in sections and rinse little by little? It happens to me sometimes in the summer if I'm forced to wash in direct sunlight and the soap dries faster than I can rinse.

Sounds like soap film.

Do you wash the car in sections and rinse little by little? It happens to me sometimes in the summer if I'm forced to wash in direct sunlight and the soap dries faster than I can rinse.

with the zaino wash that doesnt happen, even if it dries, you splash water at it and it will foam right up and rinse off

What do you call that film of dirt that gets left behind after you wash your car?

I'm sure y'all know what I'm talking about... it comes off when you run your finger through it.

How do I go about eliminating this? I scrubbed the crap out of the car, or do I just suck at the car washing?

Now what I think you're refering to is that dirt that you haven't soaped properly with a sponge. After you do that, rinse from the top down so that water carries it away. If it's still a problem then you might want to use an anti-grease soap and it should get that sucker off that.

If you're not using a quality car wash soap and either a plush chenille, wool, or sheepskin mitt, I'd look at those for starters... next would be are you drying with clean, plush or waffle-weave microfiber towels?

Tell us more about what's going on and we can perhaps help you a little better.

:cry: I have to order that kind of stuff in.

I suck in general at cleaning cars, but holy crap, this yellow car sure knows how to get and stay dirty!

I would like to get into all that stuff, but can't really invest the $100 at the moment to order in some real cleaner/polish/wax/etc.

So I'm working out of what they have on base, which is pretty limited.

Plus, you're not allowed to wash your car in your driveway in Germany. If you do, you have to collect and properly dispose of all the runoff so it doesn't get into the ecosystem. Crazy huh?

I can still wash at work, on base, however... Just come in after the duty day is over and have at it. Don't have time to do an all day or multiple day thing since personal vehicles aren't allowed in the compound for extended periods. Otherwise I'd have to wash the car, drive it home (which is highway driving), then wax it.

Back