• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Did you replace your weather stripping?

SVT_70

Be Gentle I'm New Here
It's getting to the point where my felt is rotting so bad the window is starting to get marks from the scraping... Tried the online sites to no avail. Guessing Re-yard items won't be in much better shape as MI winters pretty much consume any thing other than Kryptonite ( I'm guessing ). Any clue as to aftermarket co.? Haven't checked w/dealer yet but figured I'd ask here first... Screeeeeeechhhh!

no but i have four doors at my house that im trying to either sell whole or parts out. i might have the felts you want if you cant find them anywhere else.

Your best bet is w/ a ford dealer. It isn't cheap, I recall some one saying it being around $150, but don't quote me on that. Check out TeamFordparts.com and see if you can find it. Mine needs to be replaced also but I need a wiring harness first.:blackeye:

My weather stripping is doing that too, though only on the drivers window. It bugs the hell out of me because you was the window, only to get smudged up again 2 days later. I'd love to find a solution, hopefully nothing that will cost $150.

I have a perfectly nice used set for all 4 doors if someone wants to paypal me some $ for them.

This happened to mine. It's probably not the felt, but the metal runner inside corroding and bulging. To temporarily solve the issue, I removed them and shook out all of the loose bits.

I replaced mine with some used ones in better shape, but now I can't get the edge by the B pillar to stay down completely.

Ordered new ones from the online Ford link on the site. Thanks to SvtTour98.5-3 for defining what the hell Ford decided to call "weatherstripping". Once I tried that on the search tab bingo, they popped up. For the $ you can't beat it. Now, what kind of personal hell will I be putting myself through to get these on.... Can't be much worse than the Alt. replacement, or the Struts, or the.......... Thanks for the feedback fellas'.

Back