• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Detroit area Junk yard suggestions?

Mac

CEG'er
i'm wondering what some of the junk yards around the metro Detroit area you guys might recommend checking out that have contours, specifically SE's and SVT's?

i've heard that there is 1 svt at the parts galore at 8 mile and Hoover, and also another junk yard that has alot of contours at 8 mile and hayes, i'm just wondering which one i will most likely have a better selection of misc. SVT and SE parts?

right now i'm really only interested in-
1. SE alloy stock rims
2. license plate light lens's/socket
3. single power window switches
4. the front under body weather guard for an SVT

and possibly
1. Decent shape headlights
2. trunk lid center reflector/license plate tray
3. SVT side skirt's
4. a decent shape roll restrictor (compared to my rear one, anything is better)
5. and other misc. bits..

if anyone has been to either one, i'd like to hear your input as far as the contour selection.. or if you've been to both, which one has more contour's possibly an SVT or 2..:shrug:

thanks, Drew

i'm wondering what some of the junk yards around the metro Detroit area you guys might recommend checking out that have contours, specifically SE's and SVT's?

i've heard that there is 1 svt at the parts galore at 8 mile and Hoover, and also another junk yard that has alot of contours at 8 mile and hayes, i'm just wondering which one i will most likely have a better selection of misc. SVT and SE parts?

right now i'm really only interested in-
1. SE alloy stock rims
2. license plate light lens's/socket
3. single power window switches
4. the front under body weather guard for an SVT

and possibly
1. Decent shape headlights
2. trunk lid center reflector/license plate tray
3. SVT side skirt's
4. a decent shape roll restrictor (compared to my rear one, anything is better)
5. and other misc. bits..

if anyone has been to either one, i'd like to hear your input as far as the contour selection.. or if you've been to both, which one has more contour's possibly an SVT or 2..:shrug:

thanks, Drew

hey Drew, i dunno about Detriot but finding an svt in a junkyard is very rare, well most of the time. just wanted to let you know. i hope you find what your looking for tho. i live in PA and there is a local pull it yard that i go to. i have been there over 100 times this past year and have seen one svt. you may have better luck in Detriot tho. i heard there are quite a few svts there. sorry i am of no use just wanted to throw it out there. plus there are a few guys from this site that i'm sure they'd help you out. did you check the classified section?

parts galore svt is totally stripped. i go to all the yards once a week and that is the only svt ive seen.....ever. i have svt skirts you can buy?

ok, i already knew that SVT's are hard to come by in junk yards, even in MI, and if there was one, it would be stripped almost right after it got there...

but i'm not ONLY interested in the SVT, i'm particularly interested in parts that were used on SVT and SE's, like power window switch (only 1), license plate light lens's that hold the bulb, SE alloy stock rims, and maybe even a roll restrictor ( if i can find one).

i'm not looking to be SUPER lucky and find an SVT that has everything on it still, or even most of the goodies still on it, i'm looking for parts that are not as common and most people don't have them laying around, although i understand that some people have the parts that i listed above, i'm more interested in going to the junk yard and seeing for myself what i can find and enjoy the experience. i've never been to a u-pull it junk yard before, and who knows, maybe i'll have fun:shrug: and better yet, find something i might need, or want..:shocked:

so my question now is, do they have a decent amount of contour's IN GENERAL at parts galore? and if not, what are some other junk yards that are around the area that are worth checking out?

btw, bagged i been tryna get a hold of you for like a week? what up? :shrug:

thanks, Drew

well i just got back from Parts Galore, and i have to say that they have alot of contours and mistque's... and the silfro SVT there is not COMPLETELY stripped, though it does have all the more commonly wanted parts removed..
But still has most of the misc. parts that one might need.

i was lucky enough to find everything that i needed, and in great condition considering the circumstances..

thanks for the input from everybody!

Drew

i have seen 2 svt,s at scrap busters and they have a few cougars. i would have to say bagged would be the best person to get the svt parts from. i have been to just about every junkyard with in 50 miles and i have only seen 3 svt but scrap busters has more cougars then anywhere else they had 5 last time i went and for contour i would say parts galore they change everyday so thats your best bet.

Back