• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Decided to Double my HP

svtavino

CEG'er
I have been thinking about a new car for awhile and had it narrowed down to a few. And this is what I got, 07 CTS-V. It appears that it may be more rare than my SVT. There are under 900 for 2007 and the red is a rare color on top of that. I will be selling either my truck or the SVT in the spring. I am in negotiations with the wife to get rid of the truck. Sorry about the picture I need to get a photo bucket account

Attachments

• ctsV2.JPG
    ctsV2.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 0
Those are amazing machines, my cousin has the regular CTS and i love it , all the presets and the heated seats. and even he wants to upgrade to a V lol but good find and excellent choice!

get it!!!!!!!!!!! thats what ill be buying pretty soon. had 08 cts for rentals when are caddy goes into the shop and wow there sooooo nice. just dont get the 05 and 06 the interiors arent as plush as 07-09

there is another guy on here close to me in Lafayette, IN who has one also. Those CTSV's are some badass machines! RWD with how much HP556?

The 2007 CTS-V is somewhere in the 400-450 range I believe. The new 2009 CTS-V are 556

07 is the 6.0 with 400 hp. This is the last year of the first generation. It is really comfortable and the torque is amazing. I was only looking for 06-07 because of the more common 6.0 and updated rear diff. It also has some wheel hop issues. Although I have never really had a problem with my SVT and this car doesn't seem to bad.

I have an '05 CTS V and I love it. Couldnt be happier. Honestly I dread driving the contour, thats why its my winter car.

Yea that is sadly what is probably going to happen to my SVT. The most annoying thing I have found with the cts-v is the pedal configuration the gas to break pedal distance is terrible compared to the contour and other cars I have driven. I will be fixing that first.

Loooove my '05 CTS-V. Making around 400whp off the spray and well over 500whp on spray. They are 400chp from the factory. Doing a direct port nitrous system over the winter and I'm going to run it as a dual stage with my plate kit!

It has a TON of suspension work done and a lot of modification to the rear cradle to help prevent wheel-hop.

DSCN5193.jpg

IMG00022-20090914-1430.jpg

CornertoCorner-1.jpg

DSCN5186.jpg

I have seen you over at cadillacforums and here. Your car is pretty sick. I don't think I will be doing much to the engine yet but will work on the suspension down the line. What do you have for recommendations for wheel hop any cheap fixes to at least help with it. I haven't driven it enough to get a feel for how bad it is, but a few times I got on it there was some hopping. Maybe shoot me a PM.

Yeah I've seen your car over at the caddy forums. I dont think i will be doing much of anything until my GM warranty is over, or i get an 09 at a good price. sorry kim if you drove a V around you would feel the same way. :)

Back