• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dash Removal / cluster removal

RobFresh2SVTs

CEG'er
I have searched for quite some time. Having serious trouble with search engine.
I am trying to remove dash from car I am getting hung up I believe on gauge cluster wires that i cannot get to yet. it is almost out is there a trick to separating the cluster from the dash so I can take it out.

iirc, according to the Ford CD the wiring harness comes out with the dash. however once you get the dash loose just reach around and pull the wiring off it, not to difficult. might also have to pull the airducts also.

the gauge cluster has to come out of the dash first. you have to remove the black surround (2 screws that go up near the cluster, 1 screw behind the defrost switch, 2 screws behind the clock/contour panel). there are then 5 screws that hold the gauge cluster to the dash. pull out the cluster and tilt the top down, reach to the back and disconnect the wires from the cluster.

the gauge cluster has to come out of the dash first. you have to remove the black surround (2 screws that go up near the cluster, 1 screw behind the defrost switch, 2 screws behind the clock/contour panel). there are then 5 screws that hold the gauge cluster to the dash. pull out the cluster and tilt the top down, reach to the back and disconnect the wires from the cluster.

Thanks for the post really helped me with my dash!

doing some searching and this helped a bunch thx!

Back