• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Darn power seat switch!? Does anyone have one available?

Nate Payeur

CEG'er
I've been having an issue with my power seat switch. The contacts are shot on it. Originally i had a problem with the forward reverse switch so i hooked it into the seat back switch instead. :)

But now that contact is shot as well.

Does anyone have a Contour/Mystique drivers power seat switch available or know where i can get one?

Thanks guys!
Nate

I've looked, for some reason they are difficult to find. I thought more people had power seats but i guess not. I am afraid to ask how much the switch would be from ford if i can get it at all.

I just got off the phone with two dealers. It is obsolite. Nothing is available in Canada or the US.... and to make matters worse i'm pretty sure the switch is molded into the plastic cover so i need a blue cover with the switch. Did the blue interior only show up on SVTs? Or did non SVT cars have the same option?

Hmmmm maybe I should sell my stock seats:laugh: and yes the SVTs are the only ones that have that blue in them.

Aaron

I work in service it's my job to give bad news :D. Not sure on the price on the seat, but I will tell you that it is in mint shape :).

Aaron

Are you able to check if what they are telling me is in fact true? I'm surprised there aren't ANY switches anywhere in Canada or the US.

PS. Gooserex said you liked the Tubi.... :)

Are you able to check if what they are telling me is in fact true? I'm surprised there aren't ANY switches anywhere in Canada or the US.

PS. Gooserex said you liked the Tubi.... :)

It doesn't surprise me that there aren't any parts, heck I went to ask about Synchros for a freidn it was brutal trying to locate them.

BTW that Tubi exhaust was :drool:.

Aaron

The switch has to be removeable. I doubt that Ford would buy interior parts and switches from the same vendor (or, at least they wouldn't be assembled elsewhere) and I would guess that the contacts can be cleaned. I have fixed more than one switch with a blast of WD-40.

Here is a link to a listing for one -- bit of a sticker shock though.

http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...3&make=10&model=Contour&year=1998&catalogid=1

They sell the "shield" as a different part number.

I just saw a pair of power seats at the junk yard. I'm sur eyou can find one at your local wreckers too. Remove the switch and buy it, then replace it with yours.

I managed to find a switch at a wreckers and it worked perfectly!

I actually found 2 Mystiques with them. Good thing they had two cause the first one i came across had "Caution! HIV" written all over it. I know it probably would have been fine since it was from 2005 but there was another one i found tucked away in a back corner so i grabbed the switch from that instead.

Back