• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Damn Aaron!...

It was the margarita.. yeah, I mean the chocolate milk. :D

So, did you get them installed yet? Do any driving lately?

Yea the chocolate milk really brought out the wild side. :laugh:

Didn't get the brake lines installed yet, but I did get the drivers side door speaker installed (yes I cleaned the door panel and the frame behind the panel before reinstall :laugh:) and I took it out for a spin afterward to test my work. :)

Oh I also gave the SVT plate frame a quick detail and got that installed too. Hmm now all I need is that cargo net to install... :D

Yea that was the rational behind it when we put it in. Better than nothin'.

Now it's back to stock, premium sound, form. ;)

I forgot to ask, how many speakers did you get?

If he only has four speakers in his car he needs MOAR. Feeling bass from a sub is so much more pleasing than just the stock speakers.

I forgot to ask, how many speakers did you get?

Three.

One from you, which was actually a non-premium sound SE speaker but I'm going to hang onto it for a backup, and two SVT ones from starjammir (luckily I got them at the last second before leaving SZ :laugh:). The first one I tried was dead but fortunately the second one worked great. :)

I'm sorry, I should have double checked. I saw the bag of speakers and assumed they were all from my SVT.
I'll check again and give you another if I locate a premium sound speaker.

Yea the premium sound speakers have metal 'cage' surrounding the cone and the grill has felt glued to the top. They also only mount with three screws in a triangle shape.

The non-premium sound speakers have a entirely plastic 'cage' and the grill just has holes in it with no felt covering. They mount with 4 screws in a square shape.

But you probably already knew that... :laugh:

Yeah, I just grabbed it and didn't even look. My bad.

If I locate mine, you can have all of them.

Yea the premium sound speakers have metal 'cage' surrounding the cone and the grill has felt glued to the top. They also only mount with three screws in a triangle shape.

The non-premium sound speakers have a entirely plastic 'cage' and the grill just has holes in it with no felt covering. They mount with 4 screws in a square shape.

But you probably already knew that... :laugh:

there is no difference between non-premium sound and premium sound speaker. at least proved out between my fathers 95 and mine.

pre98 speakers mount with 4 screws. post 98 speakers mount with three.

all stock speakers are crap.

there is no difference between non-premium sound and premium sound speaker. at least proved out between my fathers 95 and mine.

pre98 speakers mount with 4 screws. post 98 speakers mount with three.

all stock speakers are crap.

I've noticed lately you've posted things you were pretty sure about...yet were wrong.

Why not start the sentence off like "From what I know," and not "there is no difference."

I've noticed lately you've posted things you were pretty sure about...yet were wrong.

Why not start the sentence off like "From what I know," and not "there is no difference."

yeah, what I can't be wrong? if i am wrong then fine, I'll admitt it and say I am wrong.

but based on the bolt pattern of the speaker you can't call it premium or non-premium sound speaker.

yeah, what I can't be wrong? if i am wrong then fine, I'll admitt it and say I am wrong.

but based on the bolt pattern of the speaker you can't call it premium or non-premium sound speaker.

I'm just suggesting that to save yourself from the event of being wrong.

Back