• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Csvt driver seat power to manual

ilovesvt

Veteran CEG'er
Does anyone know if its possible to make my svt driver seat to a manual moving seat?

My power seat is all kinds of messed up,it leans a little and does not move front to back or up and down and makes a load noise when i flip the switch been this way since i got it a year ago...

I just want to make it a manual moving seat and before i hit up the yards to get manual seat rails,has anyone actually done this and any tips thanks....and maybe it will help out with weight reduction also lol i doubt it will be much weight reduction

thanks guys

yes, just buy the manual bracket. the only thing that might be a pain is that the seat bottoms arent bolted or screwed in like other cars, iirc they're rivited in. i've also considered doing this and going to manual doors if i could find a post98 base with midnight blue interior and roll up windows.

yes, just buy the manual bracket. the only thing that might be a pain is that the seat bottoms arent bolted or screwed in like other cars, iirc they're rivited in. i've also considered doing this and going to manual doors if i could find a post98 base with midnight blue interior and roll up windows.

Cool i was also worried about the reclining part also since that was power but i guess ill go bargain hunting for a cheap manual seat and tear it down

Th door thing sounds cool also but i like the svt door panels they got that leather design to match the seats a little....speaking of windows 2 of my regulator broke exact same time lol got to buy those to, kinda sucks with no a/c and only passenger window rolls down lol

i've done the swap to other cars, the seat back and bottom generally mount the same, power or manual.
cool thanks man ,im doing this asap cant stand my driver seat leaned a little and wont move lol....hopefully it will sit a little lower too it seems kinda high up and ive got it set all the way down

Back