• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

csvt #1649 build custom turbo kit

jtidaho

CEG'er
just started ordering all of everything

List
gt35r dual ball bearing
wideband inovative lc1
tial 60mm blow of valve
adjustable 4-8 psi waste-gate hand made in the usa :)
auto-meter boost gauge
full custom piping kit and such :)

Mods already done :)
flow-master 2.5 inch series ten full custom cat-back
modified y pipe
straight through resonator
24lb injectors
updated ford mass airflow design (credit for mod to 2.5l_rice_eater)
60mm mustang tb :) mod figured out by a friend ^^^ i thank him for alot of stuff he has taught me
audi a4 side marker mod :)
focus svt front brake conversion
focus svt 5 spoke wheels
foglight mod which by far is one of my favorites
lotek 3 guage pillar
msd coilpack
battery relocation
i want a list of anything else some one thinks i need for this kit yes i realize that some of the mods i have done are not relevant to turbo kits but i list them so u may understand my platform

and you will most likely want/need larger injectors and maf

Well to his credit he does have 24# injectors. The stanard NPG kit only comes with 24# injectors and utilizes the stock MAF. Not saying that is correct, but it works apparently for some people.

that is true, didn't recall that earlier. I could have run with 39# injectors, iirc, and a stock maf. But having the 3L I wanated to make sure it would never be an issue.

3" exhaust would be less restrictive on your setup and allow for more ponies to be made. I would look into that.

2.5" Will be more than fine, especially since he already has it installed. No need to spend a bunch more money on something that's not needed. If he is really worried about exhaust flow, then make the wastegate open dump (vent to atmosphere).

The injectors and MAF should be fine as long as you stay under 10psi on the 2.5. If you plan on going to a 3L in the future it would be wise to step up to a larger set of injectors and larger MAF.

I am interested in seeing the progress on this. NPG's latest design isn't that great...

well i have allocated room in a better position under the hood the npg kit just feels so cramped and there is no ease of access as for the 24 lb injectors if i could find some cobra injectors for a GOOD price id get them in a heartbeat

also this will be available for people that want to purchase a similar setup :) i am going 49 state legal on this setup ;)

IMAG0136.jpg

this is my beauty and it now has more mos then when this photo was taken

well i have allocated room in a better position under the hood the npg kit just feels so cramped and there is no ease of access as for the 24 lb injectors if i could find some cobra injectors for a GOOD price id get them in a heartbeat

Check the Terminator (39lb/hr) or Lightning (42lb/hr) classifieds on svtperformance.com. Thats where I got mine

i wish my thingy under my name said most bad a custom soon to be cont :)

You got some competition for that, bro :)

I am already upgrading from #42 injectors, I would go with at least 39. Keep in mind your injector size increase (extra injected fuel) vs MAF area increase(less injected fuel) if you plan on driving it around before you get tuned and/or dyno (dont know if this is your daily or not) Its not too bad to go to big injectors (at this flow level) and youll only have to pay to tune for the injectors once, not twice. I would sell you my greentops but I just put them in my audi. You can definitely find great deals on them like Bhiggs said, I got mine on here for $125.

Id also go with a 65mm crown vic/mustang throttle body. Very cheap from the junkyard. 5mm of diameter increase makes for a lot of extra area to flow through.

But seriously these cars are too much fun turbo. Its been a while since someone has done a custom setup on here. There was one guy with mad skills building a nasty kit, but I think people (who do not weld, fab, create) criticizing his (amazingly high quality) work drove him away.

Take lots of pictures of the setup!! Ignore my broken molded splitter, learned the hardway what happens when you catch the splitter in reverse

109-1.jpg

105-1.jpg

dyno.jpg

DSC01297Copy.jpg

and yeah well i meant for a buisness build (alicrity motorsports) not a rich guy build and second that to bigger injectors... i have a full ported and polished 65mm tb so i dont need another one :) and i like how negative others are to me turboing my car this isnt my first rodeo i had a turbo daily for a year running 15lbs of boost on a 8v four cylinder that wasnt built i know how to do this i just like input to prevent such detonation. and cool hok trublue car i like your build and have been following it very closely so hey dont come on here to poke fun come on here to give input on my build and tips that would help :)
parts list of whats needed as of today
1. water methanol kit......
2. walboro 255lb... now purchased
3. lightning injectors :)
4. frontmount already ordered... i like it
5. mirko...... possibly to force more air through that awesome inter-cooler :) a way to cool better
6. 3 inch piping kit is on its way for my custom choice of routing..
all parts will recieve a picture

full list of mods to car performance or not just for the sake of not being tol what i need
1.flowmaster exhaust
2. ported y pipe "modded"
3. inovative wideband lc1
4. focus svt wheels
5. hid fog conversion with out bubbling lenses cause i figured out the fix to that issue
6. 2 inch drop
7. ported polished (optomized) tb 65mm....
8. mondeo st220 style maf conversion there was a difference had iat built in on the mondeo on the maf itself
9. gutted precats (for emmisions purposes)
10. lotek pillar pod
11.slotted and drilled rotors (fsvt fronts)
12. msd coil pack
13. im sure i have more.... just ask hahaha

and yeah well i meant for a buisness build (alicrity motorsports) not a rich guy build... dont come on here to poke fun come on here to give input on my build and tips that would help :)

Well first off its far from a rich guy build... You realize I started the build on my car in early 2009 and didn't even pull the engine until Nov 09. Second who is poking fun on your build? I didn't see any negative comments. Check your tone buddy.

I like what I see so far needs more pics ;)

Last edited:
mike i wasnt talking about u! u have always been and forever will be a very helpful ceger! i just got ahold of swazzo if any of you know him! he was legendary! he lives 20 min away from me which is nice! (it was a comment posted on another thread).. anyways i will very much like to know your full parts list lol i guess no one will every quite know all of them! but if we could they would total more than your house :) :) haha!

Back