• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

COP ignition for 3.0

F111D F

CEG'er
How do you find info as the when the COP's replace the coil packs?
Has anyone heard TSB's or whatever about bad run of COP coils at Ford.
I've run several Econoline owners with misfire and no CEL's and dealers telling them the COP coils problem. However they are still having rough running?

I'm trying to help these friends, but it's not easy. Sure is upset setting the dealers can't get Ford to help? I realize they are running 4.6 & 5.4l's and it may not realy be COp coils.

If anyone heard any rumors? ie: vendor quality problem/etc.
Has anyone here with 3.0 run into COP coil problems?
TNX
Paul

I have Alex Peppel's software on and old laptop. Do all the PCM use the same misfire PIDS? Similiar to the PIDS on the 2.5's low count/high count pids. 40 thru 62 PIDS. A thought is that available on the Motorcraft web? Seems I've ren into somewhere I hate getting so forgetful.
I've been all thru my bookmarks nothing.
I'm assuming the dealer running into the same problem, misfire events can be not only ignition, but dirty/ bad injectors and what else. Sticking HLA's Hmmmmmmm? TNX
Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
The CDW-27 wiring does not support COP. No 3L CDW-27 is running COP. I have heard of problems with the COP on the 5.4L truck engines. I've seen numerous with misfiring problems and only maybe half of them trip the CEL.

Back