• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy Contour SVT Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

willalex09

New CEG'er
I'm looking for a SVT if anyone has one. Prefer it to be running. I've looked through the classifieds but can't seem to find any still available. I'm in northern VA but don'tind driving to pick it up. Hopeing someone sees this and realizes they might want to sell theirs lol. Thanks in advance.

I have a silver 99 SVT with 127,700 miles. Original owner, sold and serviced by Koons Ford since new. Have all service records. Runs great, very good condition. All original. I wasn't really thinking of selling it (my favorite car ever) but $3500 might change my mind. I'm in Falls Church, VA.

Got a 1998 Contour Svt with around 190k miles. Runs ans drives could use a little bit of body work to make pristine. Its plastic dipped flat black currently. Only issue it dies about every 10 lights but starts right back up could be something simple not sure. I bought it not knowing it had modifications, it has a full stainless high flow cat y pipe to dual outlet bosani exhaust. Very loud! Still shifts perfect, looking for 2k located in evansville, indiana. Can contact me by phone 8124566693

I have a black 1998 SVT Contour with 99k miles. All stock with no modifications.

The Good:
- The leather interior is in near perfect condition with no disappointments (no rips or tears in the leather). Extremely clean!
- Clean Title
- No Rust
- Second Owner-always been garaged near Roanoke, Virginia
- Never in an accident
- Runs and drives excellent
- Black paint (typical chips and a few small scratches for a 16 year old car).
- I have just recently replaced all the brakes and put new tires on.
- I have also replaced the fuel pump a few months ago.
-Power Sunroof
-SVT Alloy wheels
-SVT factory ground effects
-Keyless Entry
-Factory Dual Exhaust
-I have average about 26-28mpg. Depends on how much fun you have when driving it.

The Bad:
-The “Check Engine Light” is on. This light has been on for over 10 years. I have taken it to be serviced and each time the mechanic says that it is a wiring issue because I have tried to replace all items that came up on the codes. It would cost to much to have it troubleshoot. I have driven it with it on for over ten years and have not had an issue.
-The “ABS light” is on. The mechanic said that it needs a new module ($400). However runs fine with light on.
-The air-conditioning is not working. Not a problem this time of year but will have to be serviced. The mechanic estimates ($500)
-The windshield has a crack in it. However it is not on the drivers side so it passes inspection. I have a new September inspection. A new windshield would be $200.

Asking $3750 Check out my Craigslist ad for pics
http://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/4794392155.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back