• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour SVT Pace Cars (build #'s 7,8,10)

lol no kidding.
about how much would they get in scrap money for a crushed Contour?
Can't be more than their asking price.
They're being silly.

Wrong car to pick for scrap metal, anyway -- they're just not that big. Caprices, Parisiennes, Crown Vics, T-Cars -- now there's a lot of metal. Not that I want to see any of them crushed.

So instead of selling them they are going to get crushed? Makes a lot of sense
I don't know where you got that from, but all I saw is that he said they will rot away. I think that means they are probably owned by someone who knows how special they are, but doesn't care for them too much and wants top dollar to have them gone. :nonono: Such a shame

Sorry about this low quality and weird format but I am just showing what I was given

standard.jpg

yes, the saleen has a carbon fiber front splitter which is cracked up a bit. iirc, the fiberglass bumper is messed up too. not only will you spend 20k on a contour, you'll be spending thousands more to get it back to show quality

They're definately cared for to some degree. At least they're not sitting outside in the elements. I expect they were used only for their assigned duties & will have VERY low mileage.

Even then, $25K is a stretch. I think the owner is attaching some considerable historical value to the cars, but I'm just not seein' it. There is so little interest in Contours (even if they are SVT's) that the market will not support that kind of premium. If I were he/she, I'd consider cutting these loose and putting the money to work elsewhere. ROI is not in the cards for Contours.

TOURIGE GETS DIBS ON THE PURPLE AND PINK ONE!!!!!

Hate to break it to you, that one isn't purple and pink. If the bottom one is supposed to be the orange one from further up in the thread then I would have to say the color of the pics isn't the best. :laugh: But if I ever won the lotto, I would buy them in a second. :)

Hate to break it to you, that one isn't purple and pink. If the bottom one is supposed to be the orange one from further up in the thread then I would have to say the color of the pics isn't the best. :laugh: But if I ever won the lotto, I would buy them in a second. :)

Its always been a metallic gold/orange color, not orange. The purple and pink is one of PPG's colorshifting paints

i assume a private party owns them??

tell them to put them on barret jackson and watch them sell for about $10-15k, less fees.

that gold one is HOT! :drool:

it would have been hilarious if one of those cars would have spun a bearing while pacing the cars in the race, right on national television :laugh:

"The pace car has come to a stop. There appear to be some metal fragments on the ground and some oil. Wth do you think could have happened Jim??"

"I don't know Mike but the Ford rep on the phone is saying that it must be driver error."

:laugh: :rolleyes: :blackeye:

i assume a private party owns them??

tell them to put them on barret jackson and watch them sell for about $10-15k, less fees.

that gold one is HOT! :drool:

it would have been hilarious if one of those cars would have spun a bearing while pacing the cars in the race, right on national television :laugh:

"The pace car has come to a stop. There appear to be some metal fragments on the ground and some oil. Wth do you think could have happened Jim??"

"I don't know Mike but the Ford rep on the phone is saying that it must be driver error."

:rolleyes: :blackeye:

They would have had to drive the track Reverse style, as nascar only goes left... Would be hilarious though

I'm liking the pinkish purple. Plus the fact that looks like the only one w/o the light on top. That orange is still so hot.

Back