• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

compressor

Con-Man

CEG'er
Hey everyone,
I need some assitants. I need to get my air compressor to drop down so that I can install a new coil the only way to install this coil is to tap it on to the compressor tried many diffrent things today it's very tight down there and I just can not get the power behind the tapping that is needed. I see four screws that go the lenght of the compressor and I see four screws that go across the compressor which one should I remove to get the compressor to drop. By the way it is a 95 Tour GL Thanks.

Which coil? The ignition is on top. The 4 screws at the pulley end that go through the compressor case, don't touch. The 4 that attach to the engine are the ones you need to remove (carefully). There is 1 screw holding the refrigerant line, you don't have to remove that unless you are changing lines or compressor.

The field Coil is behind the pulley. I have three of those bolts loose already the top two are tought to get to. I'll get it tomorrow. Thanks

Back