• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Come One Come All!! The boy is turning 16!!!

wontgrowup

CEG'er
Hey there guys and gals!! Just wanted to drop a quick invite to all of you out there to cordially invite you to Colin's 16th birthday party on August 15th at 1pm in Ware MA! There will be alot of cool things going on e.g. my brother in law is concocting a Slip and Slide that starts on their roof....don't ask me how he's going to pull that one off, but it sounds like something so crazy it'll work. There will be plenty of smoked items, such as ribs and chicken prepared by yours truly as well as plenty of alcohol served one cup at a time, if you get my drift (this is after the "kiddies" leave of course).

As you may or may not know, Colin how has "custody" of my old 2000 SVT and needs parts/help/financing to help get that beast in running shape and on the road. If anyone is interested, please RSVP no later than 14th Aug so I can get the food/libations in order(and so I can email you directions-it's about 10 miles away from the Palmer exit once you get off the 'Pike). If you cannot attend, I certainly understand, but would ask that you just send him your well wishes and any and all offer(s) of assistance to him via PM (he is a registered user here-he's probaly gonna KILL me when he reads this)- he can use all the help he can get. My status with the Military is in a constant state of flux, and I won't even be in the area starting the day after his party (the thought of driving 8 hours to Dover DE doesn't sound like much fun with a hangover), so my time to assist him will be more and more limited. Please email me at Hodgebear72@verizon.net or call/text me at 413-544-8413.

Again, I wanted personally thank you guys and gals for all the great memories and assistance you've given to both of us over the years! You've been the best car "club" I've been involved with and I know Colin's decision to hang onto my old 2000 will bring him many years of happy memories as well.

have fun! sounds like a good time, though i dont know where ware is! assuming near chicopee, which is a bit of a hike for me(assuming 2 hours), and I guess I'm one of the "kiddies" so sounds like I'd be missing all the fun anyway :D have a good time, that slip n slide sounds insane!

Actually....

Actually....

What I meant was that my nephew is 4 years old....and I have friends who are bringing kids who are that age....I wasn't implying that anyone under the age of 30 is a "kiddie";)

I remember, years ago I hosted a meet at my house and you brought colin along. He was about yea [holding hand about waist high]

Happy Birthday Colin

wow 16! I never thought this day would ever come. Makes me feel old :blackeye:

Sounds like it's going to be quite a big party. How many family/friends outside of CEG do you expect to go?

Well...

Well...

Right now its going to be 30+, depending on how many guys from the Shops that I work with here show up....usually the promise of beers is enough to motivate them.

It's odd how similar Colin and I are...to the point where his mom will that it's like having me around when he comes to visit on the weekends..lol! Right now, his biggest issue is what to pursue once he graduates- He WANTS to do fabrication/design, but is leaning towards diesel mechanics, because of the need for qualified techs. I told him to just do whatever makes him happy. My only caveat to him is that we have to go over a list of "accredited" schools from the Military- my new GI Bill allows him to attend school tuition free, as long as it is on their "list". Too bad they won't allow me to make payments on my existing student loans:(

Back