• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Clutch for 3L + Boost....Spec stage 3?

gomach1

Veteran CEG'er
So im trying to decide on what clutch to go with on my new build. Ive heard numerous problems about running the spec stage 3+ clutch. But what about just the stage 3? It looks like itll hold more then enough power then i plan on getting out of her.

Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Thanks

i have a clutchnet 3 clutch in my sc3L and a fidanza flywheel. the regular 6 puck clutch is very grabby, and is a •••••• in traffic. so if you plan on dd the car at all go with a full face clutch

It is noisy but will hold the power. I had one that I gave to Brett, now I run a Clutchnet. Seems about the same noise level and holds perfectly. Whatever you do make sure the flywheel is resurfaced before it goes back in.

Hmm...well mainly i just want to make sure it does have the same failure rating that the 3+ does. I want something thatll last on me or atleast not blow...But yea ill definitely have the SVT flywheel cut, prolly wont go with an aluminum one. It will be a DD.

On clutchnet's website, it looks like their stage 3 is a full face, but the stage 4 is a 6 puck.

I think both clutches looked the same when I had them next to each other. Both were stage 3 and appeared to be copies except for color. They will hold the power just fine and should last a normal time also.

Back