• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont sweat it crispy!!!! opinions are like a$$holes

do you talk in person as badly as you type? if thats the case then you couldnt get crap done for the Contour platform in any specified time period.

Also, not sure why you keep bringing up the 2 year hood group buy... I had nothing to do with that and if anyone is out money or pissed about a refund that never came they need to bring it up to someone else - namely the people from that time period.

You werent even a member at that time by your join date listed in your profile. Hell, you probably didnt even have a license at that time - go away and get a hood on your own.

OWNED,lol You are still awsome for doing all you do for us Crispie.

I made this suggestion earlier, but no one listened to me:shrug:. I guess I'll get one started when i get off work, unless someone beats me to it

I know thats where I got the suggestion, just brought it back out front for someone other than myself to take action :laugh:

Nothing's ricey about functionality. It would be ricey to have snorkels that don't match with the body lines of the car (notice Trans Ams have "nostrils" that the hood lines up with?) that don't do anything.

Agreed, I was referring to someone else's opinion on "rice".

I give you guys credit, I try using that photoshop and I just end up lost and confused with one messed up picture! :D

Hey I'm new to this thread but I'm in the market to buy a hood at the moment so this is getting my attention.

I think that we can't really comment on the hoods until we halfway see a version on a Contour. I have a couple of suggestions, and remember they are just ideas.

What about the hood on the AAS car?
98contourc27.jpg

Or from an 03 Cobra?
2003cobra_1.jpg

Or the late 90's Cobra's?
1997MustangSVTCobraConvertible.jpg

Or this one for a Lightning even?
cobraRF150_hood_lg.jpg

What do you think?

It would shake front to back though. I may work on one. I have a beat to hell hood that I might cut up to see what I can do with. I'm currrently fabricating a shaker for my duster as well.

This one would look hotttttt

That hood was originally designed for a Cobra.

And on the shaker what would you all like to see? A scoop that moved front to back with the engine that was completely for looks and had no function? Or would you like to see a scoop that actually fed air to the air box, especially those with the pudmunkie heat shield, that still moved with the engine?

Either one wouldn't be that hard. Its basically going to be attached to the UIM and stick through an opening in the hood with a sealed area around it. If I did a functional shaker scoop there would be an air tunnel running from the center towards the air box. It would need to be something wide and thin like on the ram air grand ams and the intakes on the newer styled Corvettes. This would also require a piece to block off the scoop when weather permits.

Last edited:
LOL!!!!

One of my SVT's was purchased with a 1-off hood... the previous owner took the entire middle portion of a Mustang GT and grafted it onto the Contour hood. I personally thought it was so fugly that I attempted to give it away and no one serious was interested when it came time to do an even up swap.

long story short was that I bought the fiberglass EVO hood so I could replace the Mustang creation. I did so, then we got a nasty hail storm where it did a little damage to my fiberglass hood and dented the hell outta the other stock hood on SVT hood #2 (which is what my man drives daily) so in order to cut costs he put this hood on SVT #2 and has since fallen in love with it.

If you guys want pictures I can provide and you can go from there... you either HATE it or LOVE it and I hate it with a passion and it doesnt help that the creation weight almost 40 pounds.

Damn now lets start some **** ryan. I though you was ok but I see ur fat wife isnt giving you none and you want to vent else where. I guess thats that why ur going over seas. Maybee one of those towle head will give you some lol. I dont care if something looks like rice. I said it in the comment I made when I was talking about her ****box. I wasnt talking about her just looking like rice. I was making a point that people on here talk about peoples **** looking liek rice and then there ride looks like rice or there best friend looks like rice and they dont say anything. Maybe you should show them the pix of ur gay ass little rice dragons you used to have on hte side of ur window or w/e they was. Seriously ryan you should get off my nutts. I dont swing that way, and apparently you and some of ur buddies do. Cause I swear at the meet thats all I herd yall talking about was some homo sh*t about circle jerking each other or something. Even my babies momma was like " wtf is wrong with them?":crazy: I swear she thought yall was gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back