• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber EVO Style Hood - GB CLOSES 3/4/07!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin and Tony would need detailed pictures and most likely a donor hood which I'm not sure they could obtain or not.

I think DPA43 may be the closest I know to the SD area?

San Diego? If it came down to it, I could make that trip... though I'm spare hood-less. If not San Diego, then, um, probably not.

I'd be happy if they were to produce another Evo style hood. A functional NACA/BTCC/Ram air hood would also be cool by me.

Justin and Tony would need detailed pictures and most likely a donor hood which I'm not sure they could obtain or not.

I think DPA43 may be the closest I know to the SD area?

If needed I would be willing to run a hood up to them. Just need to find one in a bone yard. I do like the EVO style hood, but if the can come up with something different that is functional Im down for one. I am looking for some type of hood that has a vent in it of sorts (to get rid of the engine heat).

Does anyone know what city they are located in?

Here's what I'd like to see... Small cowl for heat extraction, NACA style duct ramming right into the intake.

MK_HoodTest.jpg

Sorry it's sloppy, threw it together real quick-like...
"Please ignore the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to build it to scale or paint it."

I did, I'm just stupid: in my brain, I mixed up Top Shop and Aerogear. So, it's not that I don't read return labels... I'm just an idiot.

That was actually something I was thinking about (water, not so much birds); what happens when it rains with an Evo hood?

Well, figured I'd just toss this design out there. Something stirs in my brain when I think about matching up a NACA duct to my heatshield, resulting in continual, trapped cold air.

My other thought was to do a low-profile "slit" duct along the front of the hood, with a small cowl at the rear... cold air blows right across the engine, taking the hot air out the other side.

Or just an Evo hood. Either way. :)

water and snow go in my EVO hood all the time... its nothing too crazy but when you first start the car up you can see steam and whatnot coming straight out of the vent.

I dont really care but a few others look at me like I have an overheating car or something.

I'm fine with a functional vent or vents of sort... I'm just a huge fan of whatever it is being completely symetrical and balanced.

Ah Crispy, clearly we are not destined to be together; I'm all about the asymmetry. Anyhow, I'm not pushing for this design at all, I just thought I'd toss someting out there, given the opportunity. When I have some time, I'll look at other car's hoods and see if anything would be groovy. So long as it looks nothing like the Scoot on RX7's, I'm good!

My hoods lookin ugly...I would def. consider this.

Top Shop..Makin' it happen.

I need pics and ideas to present... I've seen a few very cool hoods for STi's and WRX's now that I own one of those but I'm not sure I can imagine something like that on the contour at all...

I do definately like the idea of a small cowl hood, especially when BurittaSVT finishes his supercharger kit, there will be no need to cut into your hood, you will just have a cowl hood that looks bad ass and does the trick!

I think a cowl hood is the best option, either one that runs fulsh with the curvatures of the stock hood, or if it starts from the edges of the grill ring and expands outward as it moves up. but honestly, i just love the cowl hood that is offered now!

I am very interested in the Naca duct hood! Dont like the cowl type in the middle tho!

I admire what you guys are doing!

Im trying to save my money to get into this one.... and if not youll have my support!!

- amyn

A few workable designs; looked mostly at Neons since the hood shape is sort of similiar....

kaminari_neon_03_carbon_fiber_hood.JPG

yellow_neon_with_shadow.jpg

SEI-HD9398TYSUP-TB_b.jpg

Hood_BC.jpg

00FDFOC2DEV-010C.jpg

65_pd521601_1.jpg

Edit: I think the top one and the vented Evo are my favorites... if we get some more input, I'll hack a few onto a Contour in PS.

Last edited:
all those are decent in my idea minus the kaminari knock off on the bottom.

Worst case scenerio I guess I could drive my SVT there and allow them to use my EVO Fiberglass hood for the mold? ****, maybe I could leave my car there for a month or something and they could take apart the Morettes as well on the car?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I think they are about 6+ hours away for me though but I have plenty of vehicles to drive if they were to keep one for R&D purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back