• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car Won't start after I installed a CAI

tycontour0514

CEG'er
Okay I installed a nautilus CAI today and after i got it installed i went to start my car it started and was on for 5 sedconds and shut off. and now it doesn't start. everything is hooked up to my knowledge. all i messed with was the intake system. NEED HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE VERY HELPFUL THANKS

i am trying to start it and it turns over like its not the battery. it juss won;t start the motor on. How do you reset it . just taking the negative off the battery for five minutes?

Won't START the motor, or starts but won't stay running?

I'd check the elbow shaped IAC hose on the firewall side, even with the MAF/TB if that is the case.

Won't START the motor, or starts but won't stay running?

I'd check the elbow shaped IAC hose on the firewall side, even with the MAF/TB if that is the case.

even with an unplugged maf, the car should still start. keep checking. something else is unplugged. i believe there is a sensor by the TB. check that.

the motor won't start. the first time i did start it after i installed it it started for 5seconds now it won't start but you can hear it turning over so it ain;t the battery

okay i know where the TB sensor is now. so im good i am goin to have to check that when i get home from school. Thanks for your help guys. and Any othere suggestions is appericiated too.

even with an unplugged maf, the car should still start. keep checking. something else is unplugged. i believe there is a sensor by the TB. check that.

I didn't mention an unplugged MAF.

I mentioned a disconnected IAC hose. This will not allow the car to run when you start it (unless, perhaps, you hold the gas down the entire time its running)

Not starting at ALL, however, I would imagine is probably something like the coilpack connector being forgotten, etc.

okay. the IAC hose. where is that located it that one of the hoses that connect to the intake. if so if it is disconnected. when i put it back on do i have to reset the computer or will it juss start?

I already mentioned where it is...

If you want help, you're gonna have to try to help yourself, too.

It is an elbow shaped hose, near the firewall, about even with the TB. it plugs in to the IAC.

If you don't know where something is, or what something you are looking for even is, you could always search.

There is a UIM/LIM rebuild how-to in the duratec maintenance forum under the read-first thread. It outlines different parts and places.. maybe you can locate the IAC, and the hose in some of those pictures, etc.

Check the IAC plug and hose.
IAC.jpg

Back