• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car running better on factory tune?

I have a full 3.0 that I just got done putting a new harness in and a new computer. But now she is running lean. I can feel a slight bucking when cruising? I've tried both the tunes I have and the same thing. I return it to factory and runs much better and my Air/fuel quage shows it to be normal. I have found a leak right before the cat. I have a borla exhaust on it. Could this be causing some of my issues. I do believe my fuel pump may be an issue but would that make a difference between tunes?

thanks

I have seen people have issues with the xcal tune and the cause has been there computer being chipped using a "superchip" that's why I ask

I have seen people have issues with the xcal tune and the cause has been there computer being chipped using a "superchip" that's why I ask

Had the same problem when i bought my 3L project... Wouldn't run right if the xcal was unplugged, had to leave it in until i found the chip. What problems have happened before from this?

The chip normally would be visible through the bottom of the computer right? Whats weird is I'm running a full 3.0 and I'm not getting any codes. Its gotta throw something soon its weird?

You would throw EGR/DPFE codes unless you customized a EGR tube to bolt up. If you put headers on you would get a code for no precats. If you aren't running stock injectors you could get rich/lean codes. You'd definitely get a code for the IMRC missing unless you hooked it up to a spring to "fake" that the secondaries are still there.

The chip would be plugged into the computer in the passenger foot well. Go look.

yeah i looked there first thing. still no codes. Its running great based on the data logging i've been doing. switch over to the custom tunes and its obvious my adaptive fuel was never turned back on after the tune.

8 days later and a 300 mile trip and still no codes... I dont unerstand it. I no longer have an irmc? I do have egr tube. I believe im going to have npg send me a new code one where its set to learn and see what happens. As of now plug in the xcal use either of the custom tunes and it runs horrible and lean. Go off stock computer(unless something is changed there) and the car runs good still a little lean though.

Back