• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Camshafts?

joncsfreak

New CEG'er
Well first of all, I have a zetec stock head and block. I am running a turbo kit, forged pistons and rods. I am looking for camshafts and cam gears to push some more power out of the zetec engine.

If any one would be so kind, I need some links to some of these products.
I also was wondering if the cams for a focus would fit without any other mods. like on jegs.com, there are some ford racing cams for a ford focus.
Would these racing cams work in my car?

Car: 95' Mercury Mystique 2.0L 16V Zetec

There are some cams that you can get to work in pre 98 heads, however you will need some minor work done to the head to fit the longer lobes of the performance cams. For example, Zex has three different staged cams for the focus that will work in early zetecs (again with minore work). I'm not aware of a cam that will drop right in though.

Some one pipe in if I'm mistaken, but performance cams will really only move the power band around for better high end. We have pretty good cams from the factory with a somewhat flat torque curve. So unless you are going to have some headwork done to run higher RPMS (above 7000) regularly then a performance cam isn't really worth it as these performance cams push the power band higher and makes it go past 7000 rpm.

I did a lot of research on the cams for our cars and decided to stick with the stock cam since I'm staying below 7000 rpm.

Cams uprated cams for silvertops are easily obtainable in the U.K. the two big companies are Kent Cams and Piper, they produce several profiles from fast road thru to full race for this engine.

Cams uprated cams for silvertops are easily obtainable in the U.K. the two big companies are Kent Cams and Piper, they produce several profiles from fast road thru to full race for this engine.
while this is true they are super expensive for us in the States due to the exchange rate. IIRC they are around 300-400£ which is about 600-800$ plus shipping. i could almost get cams custom made for that price.

Back