• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Busted!

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
Earlier this year I posted this in another thread.......

So this was completely random today......

Driving home on 84 and I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I'm moving up and I see a clean ass Pre-98 SE in the middle lane. Original Pre-98 SE wheels, tints, tinted tails, and a cheesy aftermarket chrome SVT badge.

I pass by, and he cuts into the left lane behind the truck behind me. I'm pulling out my phone to snap a picture if he passes by and I hear a slam. He was trying to get back into the middle lane and clips the Tacoma behind me. Sits next to me for a second checking in his mirror then floors its, jumps two lanes, then the off ramp and hauls ass into downtown Hartford. The guy in the Tacoma sees him taking off so jumps off too chasing after him while calling the cops.

I wish I got a picture or the plate number. It's rare enough as it is to spot a clean looking Contour, but to witness a hit and run with one, priceless.

Well lookie what I just found on CL....

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3140936242.html

Got a 96 ford contour
Looking to sale or trade
low miles
5 speed
Leathers
runs like a baby

5K25Jc5M53ne3K93M7c7f573c6c383e9017e2.jpg

5K25Ja5Me3Kc3Lf3N3c7f2394953bb12d1f4b.jpg

5I55Fb5J83Gd3Ia3H6c7f2e7ec0ff1abf1c14.jpg

5Le5G65U33Ed3F93Iec7f8acdea3fa15f17f0.jpg

so awesome! you should call him and tell him you want to see the car. When he gives you the address tell him... Im the guy in the tacoma you hit and im on my way.... lol

Wow. Nice to leave his plate and phone number too. Did you talk to the guy in the tacoma?

No, I never got to talk to him. I'm not sure if he ended up catching up with the guy. We were rolling in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic when it happened so no one got out of their cars.

Back