• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

brake brackets: FSVT/SVT conversion kit

• Yes! I want both front and rear conversion kits to 300/280mm

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the front FSVT 300mm kit

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Yes, but I'm only interested in the rear SVT 280mm kit

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Interested but I can't do the work myself

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Interested but I won't buy because it looks too difficult

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just home on lunch and thought I'd clarify.

The Pedal feel on the FSVT calipers is a bit softer because it has bigger piston. More movement of the foot to move the piston.

FSVT pads look about like the early 98 CSVT pad, Not significantly bigger but they are more square and will cover the whole surface of the 300mm rotor. THe CSVT pads work on the outside and will not cover the last inside 1/2" or so. THey are wider at the outer areas of the disc than the FSVT pads though so you probably aren't gaining or loosing anything with one pad over the other. The big advantage comes in fade resistance of the bigger rotor and the greater leverage.
Imagine the quicker feeling CSVT pedal with a bigger lever arm to stop the car with greater fade resistance for mulitple high speed stops. There is no comparison with stock brakes.

You can convert your front brakes to 300mm for the $120 for rotors, ~150 for the front hardware set and that's literally it for the minimum conversion. ~$280 for fronts versus ~$400 for FSVTconversion.
And of course there is no cheaper rear conversion but you can buy the excellent quality TCE rear hardware kit with fancy lighter rotor for around $400 on sale also IIRC.

would have definately went w/ your kit Tom but I HAD almost given up hope since i missed the last group buy! If this would have happened a wek earlier!!!

Just FYI to all of you looking for brakes.....too late suckas! :p

Hey, I just found some great attitude in the last GB. J/K
I am glad that people can get on this excellent product again. But that also makes my car not so exclusive... :shrug: :laugh:

well since i have an Se but have the svt caliper and brackets i might just be in for the rears at first then the fronts becuase i will have to get bigger wheels

Okay, the interest check looks good. I'll start a commitment list like last time and let everyone get on it that wants to. Then we'll open up a group-buy deposit window for about 1 week after which I'll being ordering product and I'll estimate the turn around time.
I cannot promise that I can keep multiple kits on hand after the group buy nor that the price will be exactly the same. We will try to make it a regularly stocked item in the future though.
For now, everything from the last group buy stands so please familiarize yourselves with it.
Lets start by putting down your name on the commitment list.

Fronts
1. "Screename"

Rears

Both front and rears

Me first me first! I'll just go with the whole dang setup :) and i'll add you blast.

Fronts

Rears

Both front and rears
1. Redlineracer12
2. Blast47

how soon is the money needed? thats what makes me question if im in or not

well what about this?

Here is what I can do for those who are strapped for cash -- Deposit down is 50% and you have 30 days to pay the remainder. When you pay for the remainder I ship the parts. It worked well for the previous group buy and I think it will work well again.

Thanks BrApple.

Just to clarify a bit more, the requirement was "30 days from the day I post on this thread that I'm ready to ship your stuff"
i.e. you put down a deposit on the 1st, then it takes me two weeks to get the orders done and I come online on the 15th and post "I'm ready to ship" then you have 30 days to pay. The only thing is that I'll ship in the order on the list and as people pay in full they move above all the deposit only guys. Otherwise I preserve the order in which deposits were taken.

Thanks All!

Oh yes, in the event a person can't pay the deposit is non-refundable. In the even that it is my fault I will refund ALL your money.

Last edited:
Ok, so will this product his Nat Performance or not? If not, I'm going to wait as long as possible before commiting due to finiancial reasons.

Ok, so will this product his Nat Performance or not? If not, I'm going to wait as long as possible before commiting due to finiancial reasons.

Who's Nat Performance?

The product is now a Nautilus Performance Product that we currently do not stock and will not stock unless the group buy goes through with a 10/10 front/rears.
The project has to pay for itself that is why I need the 10/10 otherwise it isn't even worth stocking.

Who's Nat Performance?

The product is now a Nautilus Performance Product that we currently do not stock and will not stock unless the group buy goes through with a 10/10 front/rears.
The project has to pay for itself that is why I need the 10/10 otherwise it isn't even worth stocking.

:crazy: Nat Performance was my hack attempt to abbreviate Nautilus Performance. So if we get a group buy with over 10 people buying fronts and rears, you will stock it on shelf for your website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back