• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Boost that Zetec!!

acontour

CEG'er
Common all of you Zetec lovers.. Turbocharge or Supercharge that Zetec. Doesn't if feel good smoking that guy with the slow and loud Honda?? We need more pictures and dynos. I will post some pictures really soon. :laugh:

bit ambitious are we?

PM stryker2 for turbo kit info, hes really the only person on here to extensively mod a zetec, aside from hector.

He puts down 220ish to the wheels.

bit ambitious are we?

PM stryker2 for turbo kit info, hes really the only person on here to extensively mod a zetec, aside from hector.

He puts down 220ish to the wheels.

Haha .
Yeah i got the info from stryker2 . I just need the money , hopefully a couple of months.

OH man I will post my videos and my pictures once I get my dang rebuild done and my turbo in bro!!!!

I can't stress any more for this coming week to be at its end with my motor finished.

Incoming new parts!!!!

Dress Up kit w/ Red Piping

Forged 3 ringed pistons w/ Valve Reliefs

Eagle Connecting Rods

T3/T4 turbo kit running 10 pounds of boost.

Already installed:

Cold air intake

2.5" Full Exhaust

Shorty Headers

Short Throw Shifter

Coming Soon for 08':

Intercooler

12 pound boost

Camshafts

Cam Gears

heres a few pics of my sc'd mondeo..

coldairfeed001Small.jpg

JRSCinstallation009Small-1.jpg

dynochart003Small.jpg

OH man I will post my videos and my pictures once I get my dang rebuild done and my turbo in bro!!!!

I can't stress any more for this coming week to be at its end with my motor finished.

Incoming new parts!!!!

Dress Up kit w/ Red Piping

Forged 3 ringed pistons w/ Valve Reliefs

Eagle Connecting Rods

T3/T4 turbo kit running 10 pounds of boost.

Already installed:

Cold air intake

2.5" Full Exhaust

Shorty Headers

Short Throw Shifter

Coming Soon for 08':

Intercooler

12 pound boost

Camshafts

Cam Gears

Nice man , that's what I'm talking about. Post some pics

not worth it for me, its nearing 200k and its a dd so I don't want to put to much into it .... my SeVT on the other hand :cool:

If near 200k borthers you, then have fun with the v6. If im not mistaken striker rebuilt his for the turbo at over 200K and im pretty sure his engine was still running strong at that time(other then maybe one or 2 small problems maintanence problems). these engines seem to last forever and with a rebuild, its as good as new and even stronger.

If near 200k borthers you, then have fun with the v6. If im not mistaken striker rebuilt his for the turbo at over 200K and im pretty sure his engine was still running strong at that time(other then maybe one or 2 small problems maintanence problems). these engines seem to last forever and with a rebuild, its as good as new and even stronger.

yes striker had like 241k on his zetec before the turbo ... and yes he also rebuilt the engine so that negates the 241k miles it had before ... I do believe it was the clutch failure that lead to everything ... and that make sense since it had to be pulled ...

yes striker had like 241k on his zetec before the turbo ... and yes he also rebuilt the engine so that negates the 241k miles it had before ... I do believe it was the clutch failure that lead to everything ... and that make sense since it had to be pulled ...
i did rebuild an engine. however it was not the one with 241K miles on it. it had about 100K on it. i still have the old engine sitting on the engine stand. perhaps one weekend i will tear it apart and take pictures to show what it looks like after that many miles.

and yes i did everything cause of the clutch. one of the springs on the plate blew out and got wedged in the pressure plate. those 40-50 miles home sucked.

yeah that would have sucked.do you happen to have pics of what you engine looked like with around 100k on it? Would be interesting since mine is around there.

yeah that would have sucked.do you happen to have pics of what you engine looked like with around 100k on it? Would be interesting since mine is around there.

problem with that is your could be completely different based on where it was driven, the grade and type of oil used. how well it was cared for etc, but it would be interesting to see anyway

yeah, and i have a feeling if i were to rip mine appart it wouldnt look to good. From the maintenance ive done this car so far, and the things i have seen, it hasnt been treated very well. still would be interesting

first off its a mondeo not contour lol, the JRSC with BBK cost exactly $3000 usd shipped to me in the uk 18 months ago. iirc it was from a company called import cars plus, http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/ i dont think they sell it for zetecs any longer

beat me to the punch, I was going to call him out for that too :D

I love that mondeo, wish I could build something like that :cry:

beat me to the punch, I was going to call him out for that too :D

I love that mondeo, wish I could build something like that :cry:

all it takes is money(which involves saving) and work. i see nothing stopping you

Back