• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

boost leaks?

aircougar

Veteran CEG'er
Anyone who is running boost, where are you finding the most common places for boost leaks?

Installed this crazy hybrid mess of a turbo kit on a svt, part adc, part npg, part custom fabricated...

It would boost, but stall a lot. Converted to a recirculated bov, and it had a leak on back of iacv.
Removed vent cap and thread the hole and plugged it, boost came back, but would leak off after 5psi

Found the next leak and repaired it, but now no boost at all. Running super rich because of it too

Seems like the bank 1 valve cover breather hose is leaking, but didn't think it would cause enough issue to to prevent the turbo from boosting...?

Turbo is screaming, but no boost pressure... what have you guys run into on your setups?

Have you built a proper boost leaker tester yet? I may be picking up some parts if your area maybe I could swing by and peek my head in for a second set of eyes?

And you still can't find the boost leaks? I doubt you have a boost leak big enough to not make any pressure. Pictures of your wastegate setup? Pictures would help the most.

Sounds like my old kit. Pics would be great. I didnt have any boost leak issues when I ran it though.

I don't have any recent.pics.

Seems like the pcv valve isn't for a turbo car, its for a ford but not a turbo'd one.

But it was working fine with the vta tial bov. Starting to think the turbo xs bov is opening way too early, or right away. I added one washer, but maybe it needs more to keep the spring tight enough to hold the plunger closed

the pcv valve will not prevent the car from making boost. If it doesn't seal it will pressureize the crankcase, which isn't good either.

i checked out the pcv at advance auto today and the one for the lightning is the exact same as this one, so it should be fine.

really leaning towards a weak bov spring, or the recirc tube is threaded in too much, where its slightly scraping the plunger and hanging it up enough to cause it to stay open after it boosts the one time... its a slightly possibility and something to look at this weekend.

plunger isnt hanging up... it is fine. but the spring feels so flimsy... gonna start adding washers. see what happens

replaced the pcv valve too. didnt think i would have time, but first appt is 30 mins from now.

car is boosting again but not all the time. it does from a lower rpm, like 2k, but once the secondaries are open and am cruising around the 3k range and hit the gas harder, the boost doesnt build like it does from a lower rpm.

it stalled out once on me when i got into boost and slowed down really quickly and started to make a left turn. other than that its boosting up to 6-7psi

still getting a bit of white/grey smoke, but not as much as before.

zero washers in the bov

Back