• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bomz Coilovers

Z Contour Tuner

Be Gentle I'm New Here
I saw an ad for the Bomz coilovers for $35 new and was wondering if they're any good?

They dont seem to be threaded but say they can be adjusted by changing the locking perch position.

All I have to say about them is this:

Would you feel safe with a $35 suspension holding up your car?

Further, would you feel safe with a critical safety component of your suspension being made by a company called "Bomz"?

Further, would you feel safe with a critical safety component of your suspension being made by a company called "Bomz"?

Finally!! Somebody who can see eye to eye with me on this!! Seriously, "BOMZ" is all they could come up with? Atleast come up with a name that might SOUND reputable.

Mark

All I have to say about them is this:

Would you feel safe with a $35 suspension holding up your car?

Do it right the first time and get good quality products. It will cost you more in the end if you try to go the cheap route because you will have to fix what goes wrong with the cheap product. Not only that the time you will spend doing it.

So are there any other coilover sets other than the $400 Ground Control one's?I woulnd'nt mind paying around $150-200.

Finally!! Somebody who can see eye to eye with me on this!! Seriously, "BOMZ" is all they could come up with? Atleast come up with a name that might SOUND reputable.

Mark

you mean like "Yo Dude" before they switched to tru-bendz.

and heres just my 2 cents. either spend the money to do it right or leave it stock. Every time I've given one of these crap products a try, it ends up breaking and needs to be replaced, it ends up breaking something else which needs to be replaced, or it ends up simply damaging the car which needs to be fixed. In the end I find that I've spent more money "trying the cheap alternative" than I would've if I had just bought a quality part in the first place.

Agreed. It took me a while to save up for my BAT kit, but the ease of the install (it fit:laugh: ) along w/ the super result ( I can turn....real fast:laugh: ) made it worth the $$. Just my opinion.

you mean like "Yo Dude" before they switched to tru-bendz.

Excellent example!! When I heard that people were buying exhaust, from a company called Yo Dude, I thought to myself that, that marked the day that these cars were officially in the hands of young, broke kids that will buy any snake-oil part on the internet. I think the name change did a lot for them!

Mark

hehe, I still have difficulties ordering stuff from them because of their former name... I just cant bring myself to it. lol.

yea, bomz products are crap. My girlfriend bought me an aftermarket bomz intake system on ebay which I kindly accepted and then proceeded to throw away after finding a good aftermarket replacement I could play off as the bomz pos intake system that didnt even mate up with the throttle body

i had bomz coilovers on my protege for 3 years, never had a problem with them, and i ended up giving to my friend for his mx3, and he still rides on them today.. they are stiff.. if u want to sit really low like i like too and u dont mind a stiff ride than i say get it, but if u dont.. get something else.. i am gonna get a set, and another set of struts.. and test them out myself.. b/c i know i wont be satisfied(lowering wise) with the other brands. but thats just me i like my cars LOW!

heres a pic, the drop was atleast 2 1/2", i would say they would be alright for a smaller car, but i dont know about them on the contour....
complete003.jpg

Back