• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blowers on high compression engines?

I really don't see how that's possible unless you are boosting the crap out of that car. You are saying they get nearly 200 wheel hp from a tune, exhaust, and meth injection. That's on a stock motor with the turbo pushing what...40psi?

IMG_3404.jpg

This is a dyno from one of the local 335's. His mods are JB4 tune(r), downpipe, meth injection, and larger intercooler. I am pretty sure he is only running 16psi as well.

IMG_3564.jpg

16psi is still double the stock boost levels. I'm not sure how many STOCK motors could handle that. Grats to BMW if that's true. Also a few BMW forums posts note that 14psi is the max output for the stock turbos so most tunes are set to less than 13psi. Recent posts on E90post.com says nobody has hit 400whp yet. Not to say that it hasn't happened but it isn't normal that's for sure.

Regardless, those 335i's put out some good power. I'm not a fan of the looks but if you want power they are a good option.

I'm not a fan of the looks but if you want power they are a good option.

I had a chance to check one out in person this weekend and it was kind of bland, very plain interior, especially considering what you can get for the same cost. I like the car but it's not very exciting.

I had a chance to check one out in person this weekend and it was kind of bland, very plain interior, especially considering what you can get for the same cost. I like the car but it's not very exciting.

if the 335i isnt your cup of tea what would be? i think the focus st is a great deal but i wish it had about 50 more ponies.

if the 335i isnt your cup of tea what would be? i think the focus st is a great deal but i wish it had about 50 more ponies.

That is a very good question! I have no idea, I seem to find something wrong with every car I look into lately. The dd I have now is fine, so really I don't need to be looking right now, but you know how it is with cars. I'm always looking for something even if it's unrealistic for the time being.

I can't seem to shake the B6 Passat bug. I know every car mentioned in this thread would destroy it as far as power goes, but I keep coming back to the VW. If I could find a 2008-2010 2.0T sport package that would be more tempting to me than anything right now. Those are typically well under 25k too.

Thats why I'm looking at MB/Audi etc. I don't like putting down so much cash on a car - I prefer to have something not expensive, and then not worry about it when I decide to make a few mods. Unfortunately my SVT is down with a blown motor (and I'm tired of daily driving a track prepped car) and I am driving my wifes old Hyundai accent so I need to get something.
These are really the only cars that I've seen lately that I'd want.

Thats why I'm looking at MB/Audi etc. I don't like putting down so much cash on a car - I prefer to have something not expensive, and then not worry about it when I decide to make a few mods. Unfortunately my SVT is down with a blown motor (and I'm tired of daily driving a track prepped car) and I am driving my wifes old Hyundai accent so I need to get something.
These are really the only cars that I've seen lately that I'd want.

It's a tough choice between the Benz and the Audi. One way to get a little nicer version of the A4 without paying S4 prices would be to look for an "S Line" packaged A4. I've ridden in an S Line A6 and A3 and both were great. They may be hard to find but probably worth looking for.

I can give you a previous owner's perspective on the C350 as I owned mine for two years before trading it in. I was in the same boat before purchasing this car (C63 cost prohibitive, C300 too slow) and found it to be a nice medium between the two. Before making your purchase, there are a few things you want to look for with your ride. First, make sure your car has the P02 package (includes the self leveling HID's and a few other goodies) and I would highly recommend the glass roof (makes a night and day difference in both looks and makes the car "feel" much bigger than it is). Since you're looking for more performance, I would secondly plan on investing in the ECU upgrade from Renntech as this made a night and day difference in the performance of the car. I remember it being about $1,400. In regards to your concern about the car not being a manual, I believe you'll thoroughly enjoy the 7 speed automatic. It screams off the line in sport mode as 1st gear is ridiculously short. And in regards to your wife's concern about it being rear wheel drive, the ESP and traction control conspire very well together to make this car feel like it has all wheel drive. It was extremely difficult to break the rear loose without turning off the ESP. I still put General ArctIc Altimax's on mine for the winter as I traveled to the Berkshire's twice a week, however, and I would certainly consider getting a set for yourself as well. I miss mine dearly as it was bulletproof and still drove like new when I traded her in with over 88K on the odometer. Not a creak or rattle anywhere. I hope this info helps in your decision!

Thanks for the review and pointers. So I need to know, what did you trade it in for? Not a contour I hope ;)

LOL! No, not the Contour! It's a long story, but suffice it to say, I found a nice S40 T5 AWD 6 spd. That cut my monthly payments down BIG time. If I had to do it all over again, I would have gotten the C63 in the first place. But I think my next MB will be an E63 wagon. I love that 3rd seat in the back! :)

Another option I'm thinking about is to get one of these:
images

Would be cheaper up front but not sure about over the long term. When these came out I was drooling over them but didn't have the funds at the time. Now they are under 20k!

C32 AMG?

I don't know Mercedes all that well. Set aside some cash for unexpected repairs and find one with low mileage and good maintenace history. I think that would be a solid bet. I am not a huge fan of the older headlights/front end design but the rest of the car makes up for it.

c32 amg?

I don't know mercedes all that well. Set aside some cash for unexpected repairs and find one with low mileage and good maintenace history. I think that would be a solid bet. I am not a huge fan of the older headlights/front end design but the rest of the car makes up for it.

e55 amg

Back