• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blower motor/AC Circuit issue (Florida heat killing me)

jbarner

CEG'er
Hey guys, been tackling an issue with what I thought was my blower motor but turns out to be something further in than that.

Basically fuse 37 blows (feeds only the blower motor)

I've taken the blower off the circuit - keeps blowing fuse 37 (blower not at fault)

Took the relay out - does not blow - no fuse box damage/problems

After all of that I started to replace wiring - i've replaced 3 separate lines (following the AC electrical diagrams out of AllData) - and I suppose I am now at the under the hood issue and I don't want to waste more time or wiring if there is somewhere else I should be looking for this ghost issue

I at one point forgot to splice a wire that feeds into the back of the AC selection switch (max ac, ac, panel, etc) - and the blower ran happily and no blown fuse but I then had no AC compressor cycling (it feeds into this circuit) - fixing that wire brought temporary joy as my compressor kicked in and everything seemed fine - but then of course fuse 37 blew out.

I attached a picture of the electrical diagram and I have basically rewired the entire far left side of the schematic where it feeds into the violet wire on the heater mode switch as well as the violet/orange wire that then runs off the heater mode switch to a junction connector under the driver side dash. Also attaching the photo of the 412-03-00-2 diagram that is the piece of the puzzle I am moving onto - and where I am lost on where I should look/replace first

I'll add that when I hook everything up - the compressor seems to try and cycle but cant fully engage - and after a period of time then fuse 37 will blow...

Any help/guidance is appreciated

Attachments

• photo16181.jpg
    photo16181.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo16182.jpg
    photo16182.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 0
So the AC compressor will cause the fuse to blow….but not right away. Fuse 37, which should feed only the blower motor, is instead being connected (shorted ?) to another component ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

Weird it was telling me my post didnt go through now there is a bunch of them -.-

I don't know if the compressor itself is the issue..I am not the best when it comes to electrical - the blower motor was the initial problem blowing out - since replacing the few wires that I have now the compressor does not fully engage and stresses the motor..I haven't tried to drive it this way but I am fairly certain it'll make fuse 37 blow. If you follow the diagrams they are intertwined in the second diagram and the heater mode switch feeds into the pressure cycling switch as well as the ac clutch relay

I've followed some of the ac troublehshooting in alldata and everything is coming up okay based upon their tests so I am not sure where the issue is and I dont want to butcher anymore wiring

I'm an idiot and overlooked the obviously failed AC clutch on my compressor...metal pieces shredded off everywhere..sigh LOL..time for a new compressor.

Back