• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blower motor/ ABS problem

I did find a quick fix for this problem. If you bust the clear plastic on the top of the fuse, the new fuse slides right on top.

The 98 SVT I bought a few months back had the ABS light on when I bought it. Guy told me he broke a sensor when working on the brakes. I finally decided to tackle this issue. Found out that fuse F7 had been removed so I put a new one in, ABS light was still on so I decided to take a look at the sensors and found that one was cracked.

Thinking I would simply have to buy a new sensor to resolve my issue, I took the car out for a spin and noticed the ABS light turned off as soon as the car moved. Stopped the car and started it back. Once again, the light stayed on until the car moved. After a few days, the light didn't come on anymore. I'm thinking the cycle had to be repeated a few times before the ECU figured it was no longer an error.

Anyway, tested the ABS a few times and everything was fine. The other day, I had to stop in a hurry (on the snow) and the 60A fuse blew and I lost the heater. I removed the F7 fuse once again and will buy a 60A fuse from my dealer tomorrow.

Now, I'm thinking I should replace the HCU as the sensors are fed from another fuse (20A F7) which did not blow...

Any input ?

Back