• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Best Tire for 95 LX 6cyl AT

harrup

CEG'er
My mechanic is suggesting 4that he has:

Kuhmo SOLUS KR21, General Ultramax RT, Uniroyal Tiger Paw, & Dunlop SP40.

Which is the better choice?

I have no experience with any of those tires, nor am I a tire expert in the SLIGHTEST, but personally, the only tire that has any real appeal to me is the General Altimax RT tire. All the other ones seem rather bland and wouldn't deflect water too well, but I don't know to be honest. :shrug:

I was very happy with Bridgestone Potenza G009s on my mystqiue, I can only guess the G019s that recently replaced them are as good.

I have no experience with the General Ultimax RT tires (standard touring all-season), but I do with the Ultimax HP model (grand touring all-season). They were a best seller and best price at the time when we bought new tires for my mothers 02 Galant and they grip awesome. They did excellent this past summer and winter. If it wasn't for the tire size which causes a lot of sidewall roll over, they would be even better. For an all-season, I was impressed in the cornering abilities.

The Kumho Solus KR21 is also a standard touring all-season, but rated very highly on Tire Rack in its tire category. I almost went with a set for my girlfriends car a few week back, but ended getting a different tire locally.

If you can bump up to the HP model, try to go with those, otherwise I'd take the Kumho KR21. They are rated slightly higher than the RT on Tire Rack.

Back