• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BC Racing assembly/install pics

JScullin

CEG'er
I'm having no luck getting clear direction from BC on assembly and a surprising lack of info here and NECO for how much they are recommended.

The issue I'm experiencing is that the front struts, when using the short spacer, don't have enough threads to fully tighten it down or to mount it onto the strut tower so the cap can be secured allowing them to hang free. If I lower the height then the rubber insulator interferes on the spacer and doesn't sit on the spring perch. If I remove the spacer entirely it seems like that will work but then that goes against the only how-to I found by Tom LaPrade on the FB group.

All the photos I've seen show the top cap in the engine bay installed so I'm presuming the front struts don't just hang unsecured with the car lifted. If that is the case then I'm just in a spot where with the front subframe out I'm not seeing that being the solution.

Also, the kit came with the damper adjusters that just sit loose on top and everywhere else I see they have a nut that lets them screw into the top of the strut to stay in place. Is that how they should be and has anyone had issues where they vibrated out?

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpeg
    IMG_1716.jpeg
    740.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1752.jpeg
    IMG_1752.jpeg
    876.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1751.jpeg
    IMG_1751.jpeg
    728.5 KB · Views: 5
Back