• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bambi's Mom...

Wow...well that sucks man. After all of the tearing apart and vacuuming ya did the other night?! Darn...hey, now you can get a really nice Taurus or something...

As I was telling Arex yesterday, on the way back to Minnesota I counted at least 30 dead deer on the side of the highway. I think we have stumbled upon a cult or something...there is something we don't know...haha.

And the scary thing is, all the deer we see are the ones litterally on the side of the road or in the ditch.

Same here.. they graze on the "ditch" (lowered area to each side of a main highway) between the road and the fenceline/treeline. They are BRAVE... they will stand on the SHOULDER and eat the grass that is growing up through the cracks in the pavement, even..

The insurance company does consider used parts (called LKQ) in their estimate. High miles would affect if it is totaled adversely. I see more deer than ever,since I hit one last July.

Parts first sourced are used parts.

Insurance company says that the vehicle is totaled if damage exceeds 70-80% of the vehicles value.

NADA (according to insurance) $2300
Damage (from insurance shop) $1900

Percent of damage cost in relation to vehicle worth... 82.6% which would count as totaled.

Insurance guy came out today, from what my dad said (i was at work) the guy was a jerk (to be expected) and still didn't give us a concrete decision, he just said, "the insurance company should call by the end of the week with a decision"

This is retarded. i now hope it is totaled. if it's worth it for me i'll buy it back and sell it to someone as a beater, but i will be using this opportunity to buy a nice new(ish) car.

Parts first sourced are used parts.

Insurance company says that the vehicle is totaled if damage exceeds 70-80% of the vehicles value.

NADA (according to insurance) $2300
Damage (from insurance shop) $1900

Percent of damage cost in relation to vehicle worth... 82.6% which would count as totaled.

Insurance guy came out today, from what my dad said (i was at work) the guy was a jerk (to be expected) and still didn't give us a concrete decision, he just said, "the insurance company should call by the end of the week with a decision"

This is retarded. i now hope it is totaled. if it's worth it for me i'll buy it back and sell it to someone as a beater, but i will be using this opportunity to buy a nice new(ish) car.

Well that is gay...sounds like you need a better insurance company. My dude is pretty cool, but then again I have only had to claim a windshield. Do yourself a favor and don't buy another contour...unless it is an SVT. Hey, wanna buy mine?

ALEX! It sucks to see my old car like that. I miss that thing! If you get $2300 for it and buy it back for $300 or so, you can give me the car and your insurance money and I'll hook you up with one of my SVT's. Seriously. I want to help you out and I'll get you in a nice SVT with no money out of pocket. Just give me a call man. I'll let you pick a color. :)

ALEX! It sucks to see my old car like that. I miss that thing! If you get $2300 for it and buy it back for $300 or so, you can give me the car and your insurance money and I'll hook you up with one of my SVT's. Seriously. I want to help you out and I'll get you in a nice SVT with no money out of pocket. Just give me a call man. I'll let you pick a color. :)

Ill trade you a slightly banged up Mystique for an SVT! :laugh:

Deal? I can be in Michigan in 5 hours...:shrug: :laugh:

That does suck about the Contour. That thing is hardly totaled...

i don't know what's going to happen, i don't want another contour though, i'm sure of that, and as mentioned, if i were to buy it back, it'd only be to sell immediately, therefore, the insurance company is getting the car unless i have a 100% for sure buyer ready that has given me a deposit.

i feel bad for u guys out there on the east coast. i just got back from an "east coast tour." VA, WA, NY, CT, MD and so forth. All the winding roads and "jungle" out there make it so easy to run into deer. i don't know how y'all do it. On a side note, i didn't even see 1 svt tour out there:shrug:

i feel bad for u guys out there on the east coast. i just got back from an "east coast tour." VA, WA, NY, CT, MD and so forth. All the winding roads and "jungle" out there make it so easy to run into deer. i don't know how y'all do it. On a side note, i didn't even see 1 svt tour out there:shrug:

They are rare in these parts. We don't spot 5 a day like EGL does. I'm lucky if I see an SVT once every 3 months.

I have literally seen 2 in the last 5-6 years. I know for sure one of them was Tony on Rte. 2

I rwally sorry to see that, Five-Oh. Any ideas for a replacement yet?

How much was buy back? I seriously would have got you in an SVT for zero out of pocket? I guess I just don't understand the way that you mexiasian brain works alex. :shrug: Even if you didn't want a SVT, I would have gladly bought back my old car back as is and dropped a few hundred in your pocket. I guess the good news is that I don't have to install the LCA's on it so now I can use them on another one of my cars. :laugh:

Edit: If they haven't picked the car up yet, I'd yank the sideskirts and I can even swap out some steelies with junk tires for you before it goes. I'm trying to think of what else we could yank? :shrug: Is it too late to buy it back?

Last edited:
what it comes down to is that the buy back isn't worth it for the time i'd have to wait unless i sold the car for like $1500. i'm going to be getting a loan for the new car, so no more contours, ever. :laugh: but i appreciate you lookin out, but contour be gone!

edit: reebs, they're coming to get the car tomorrow i believe. so i'm just not even going to worry about it.

Back