• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Baer Brake Bracket needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeDuke

CEG'er
I am looking for someone who has this part pictured below. Its supposed to come with the baer brake kit for contours. Either for me to buy or if you could give me some measurements so I can make one.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Sorry, can't help you but I have a question.
Is that the bracket that allows the Baer caliper to bolt up on a Contour?
Baer uses the same PBR calipers found on Cobras, Machs, earlier Vettes, etc.
If this is the bracket that lets those calipers to be used it would be great to make a copy and use the cheaper Ford sourced Mustang calipers.
I have familt that could easily duplicate these brackets if there is interest.
Just a thought, I love the Baer brakes on my LX and would like them on the SVT.
-J

yes this is that bracket. that is why i am trying to find one to replicate. i am in research process of trying to make a mustang cobra caliper fit but i need this part or at least some dimensions from it. I have read that it cannot be bought seperately.

Would be cool if you can use this and instead of putting on Cobra/Mustang Calipers, getting a larger upgraded caliper/custom drilled 4x108 HUGE rotors!

- amyn

How are you going to get this made? What shop have you talked to? What is the price estimate. Very doubtful I'll send mine other than someone I personally know.

well i just contacted baer. they do sell the adapter bracket seperate. for $175 each. i work for a brake company. so i need the part only to measure and take the sizes and dimensions from it so i can have someone here replicate the piece. it will be milled. i would not modify your bracket, i would just use to replicate and send back. unless you wanted to sell it or do you have two? this saves me and my engineer from doing reverse engineering to try to make the piece from scratch. or if you dont feel comfortable letting me borrow this, would you be willing to take some measurement and dimensions down for me? please let me know. pm me. thanx

why recreate the wheel if its already done?

not going to mass produce and steal there business or anything.

but why pay 1200 for a kit that uses parts you can buy yourself and modify(like they do) and pay half the price or less? your essentially paying 800 for a custom made adapter and 400 for the rest of the parts. its a rip off.

only makes sense. i just dont want to go through making something thats already made.

not trying to make a big deal of this, just would like to see one.

why recreate the wheel if its already done?

not going to mass produce and steal there business or anything.

but why pay 1200 for a kit that uses parts you can buy yourself and modify(like they do) and pay half the price or less? your essentially paying 800 for a custom made adapter and 400 for the rest of the parts. its a rip off.

only makes sense. i just dont want to go through making something thats already made.

not trying to make a big deal of this, just would like to see one.

because you are paying for the research and development that went into putting the kit together, paying for the name and the reputation also ... as well as a bolt on kit ... I think thats worth the price if I was interested in such a thing, just throughing it out there ....

Gonna have to lock this thread. We can't have someone from a brake company attempting to steal another brake companies technology via our site.

You are a true professional!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back