• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAD SVT dyno

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
so i was able to schedule a dyno session today for the first time after my swap. had to work out a few bugs.

123.png

so we can put a face to the power...:laugh:

DSC02926.jpg

the car's running rich right now. you can tell from the A/F. so i wasn't able to harvest quite a bit of power. when my A/F is better, i'll schedule another run. Oh by the way, am only at just over 7lbs of boost. i can't imagine what it'd be doing at 10 and 12lbs. just in case you didnt know, i've got a NPG turbo kit. Best in the market... On second thoughts... it's the only one:laugh:. psst hey joey, you owe me for the free advert:laugh:

Last edited:
by the way, the guys dyno machine was acting up. it wouldn't read torque for some odd reason. might've had something to do with the fact that we did the run right after we loaded the tune.

Whats up with the such the large difference in AFR? It should be consistent with every pull. One run its 13:1, (which I cant believe they even continued the pull), then the next your down to 10:1. :shrug: :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind...it looks as if the pulls were made 9 months apart.

Either way, nice numbers!

Whats up with the such the large difference in AFR? It should be consistent with every pull. One run its 13:1, (which I cant believe they even continued the pull), then the next your down to 10:1. :shrug: :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind...it looks as if the pulls were made 9 months apart.

Either way, nice numbers!

like i said. his machine was acting up. besides, i also said after the first run, we loaded a richer tune cos of the high A/F. they ran it again IMMEDIATELY after. the car didn't have time to adjust.

something is not right. the dates for the 2 runs are different (not just one digit but all parts of it). there is no torque numbers (since dynos measure torque and then calculate HP from that). the temp and humidity are both different between the runs. one run starts later and ends earlier than the other.

im not claiming that your trying to claim something thats not true, just that something is deffinitely not right.

something is not right. the dates for the 2 runs are different (not just one digit but all parts of it). there is no torque numbers (since dynos measure torque and then calculate HP from that). the temp and humidity are both different between the runs. one run starts later and ends earlier than the other.

im not claiming that your trying to claim something thats not true, just that something is deffinitely not right.

i know:laugh:. operators changed between both runs. the guys son started the dyno, read 13.2A/F and then shut it down. he then told me they've been having problems with the machine the last two runs b4 me. so dad comes in and takes over. we load a richer tune and run it again immediately. am guessing dad restarted the computer i dunno:shrug:.

i wonder how you got the HP numbers then if it wouldnt read torque? :shrug:

Because DynoJets read HP, not torque. They measure the rate of acceleration of the drums. Put that together with the known weight of the drums, and they calculate HP.

Without the RPM pickup, the DynoJet has no way of determining torque, since it's just multiplied out by the machine.

man. 10:1 afr.... even on a turbo that's rich isnt it? i thought boosted guys target a 12:1 ratio on these cars?

i do know one time i ran the 100 shot in the spring and the nitrous solenoid wasnt cleaned and it only opened half way. made my AFR go down to about 8:1 and shot flames out the exhaust about 3' long. lol.

sweet aZZ car btw! any underhood pics?

Yeah we need engine shots, nice dyno man. And you are right its unexplainable when you are at 10 and 14psi, its a whole other world man:cool:

i'd wrap the feed pipe...its sitting on top of that hotter than balls exhaust housing

one of the cleaner installs i've seen here though.

Last edited:
Back