• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

back up to 8...

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
vehicles that is....
picked this up at auction today..still needs a bath and i need better light for pics.

00vic.JPG

00vic1.JPG

yesh...
NH State Police
2000 P71
the grill is off because i am repainting it.
still needs the wheels painted and center caps added and a spot light to fill the hole.
also picked up 8 center consoles for the P71s

lol I'm shaking my head at you. Once had a vic, then got rid of it only to go back and get another one. :p

So how did you get it home? slap plates from another car on it and drive?
Sorry we couldn't help out with the tow.

once you own a vic, it becomes an addiction.
i regretted selling the first one.
ask scullin..he bought a second one
:)

i found a guy at the auction with a large ramp truck and he brought it to me last night for $100
it beats getting a ticket.

Congrats on the new ride Elky! Kinda like Miatas...I felt bad immediately after I sold my Mazdaspeed...Loved the Volvo but it was no match for fun. Looking forward to seeing hw this one tursn out. What color is it?

Most P71s will have cloth front and vinyl rear, although all-cloth or all-vinyl were options.

ElKy - by Massachusetts law you are allowed to take any of your existing plates and put them on a vehicle you have recently purchased. The idea is that there is intent to register that new car with the old plate number. Reference
Technically it cancels out your existing registration with your old car (one of the prereqs is that your old car is out of your possession). But if you get pulled over, it's a legal loophole that can avoid the ticket.

NH state police usually have the nicer interiors (carpet)
some of the officers cars even have the street appearance package (chrome) and the plush seats front and rear.

Matty, the only caveat to that is you have to have the transfer papers..meaning the RMV-1 (or 3, i forget ) with the insurance companies stamp on it.
that shows that the insurance is transferred to the new vehicle.

ian...i actually painted the wheels on the vic today...someday i will do the ones on the truck
haha

Nice pick up man. So NH doesn't offer any sort of temp plate or anything for the time between when you buy and get the regular plates?

nh does have temp plates, but MA doesn't recognize any form of temporary registration.
so technically if someone from NH with a temp plate drives into MA (happens all the time) a MA trooper can pull them over and ticket them.
luckily this is never really enforced.

so..the auction house can not issue a temp plate to a MA resident.
booo

Matty, the only caveat to that is you have to have the transfer papers..meaning the RMV-1 (or 3, i forget ) with the insurance companies stamp on it.
that shows that the insurance is transferred to the new vehicle.
Good point -- I didn't know that!

at the auction where i bought my truck, i asked a Mass State trooper about the law.
he explained it how i did above and i even asked him if he was taking down plate numbers to call ahead and have people pulled over.
he jokes saying that, he wasnt at liberty to say, but he did have a habit of looking the other way.
:)

I bought my CSVT in Conneticut from a priavte party and had to drive it back to Maine. I used a dealer plate borrowed from a friend of the family. Actually I've done this for the last three cars I bought.

I used at own a 1994 Crown Victoria LX. (Licence plate read "Sic Vic".) I did enjoy the panther platform when I owned it. But after moving on to my current vehicles, I have to say, I don't miss it in the least.

However if someone were looking for a big, reliable, rear-drive car. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a Crown Vic.

They are an addiction.

When I bought Elky's it was easy because he dropped it off at my house and he was at family's right in town. When I bought the second one I was in RI so I called AAA and said I needed a friends car towed to my house to work on (5 free tows a year). AAA won't take a vehicle w/out a plate on it so I had the kid keep one of his on it and I next day mailed it back.

Might be interested in one of those consoles if you wanna unload one. I was in the local DPW yard here in Stoneham (dad is friends w/everyone, being a firefighter) and picked a redesigned cup holder w/2 power points from an '04. They had center consoles but they were the police issue ones and still had the radios and control boxes wired in.

the consoles i have, have had the radios removed, but then fill the area between the seats nicely and the armrest is great.

any chance you can find me a spot light? NH removes theirs and i have a hole in the a-pillar to fill.

Back