• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Back-Up LEDs? (1156 bulb)

ehh..RG im not really feelin that blue look to my back up lights..

Ill stick with the white LED license plate lights for now

Goonz - yup, it's aan "ehhh" indeed. I am gonna take advantage of Kane's Luxeon idea (me too, I got the Phoenix Luxeon flashlight and it's real bright) and get them Eagle Eyes - Striker thatnks for the site. Pix are to follow.

I know that's not a Fart Canon I seen on R G's ride... How's that sound? :laugh:

autolumination.com has some 3 watt Luxeon LEDs for only $19.99 each.

scroll down to the eagle eye II. its the fifth one down.

they are also 180 degree vs 130 degree

Yeah, I never looked for any other place selling them since they are not part of my reverse light/rear fog light LED mod I have planned...hmm...

BTW their shipping is very fast. i ordered some bulbs over the weekend and i got them in the mail today. i should go take some pics:laugh:

they arent tail light pics. they are pics of my gauges. as some of you may know i have converted my entire dash to blue LEDs (IIRC i was the first and maybe the only one to do so) i used 3mm LEDs and resistors and soldered them to extra bulb sockets that i had. it was a real PITA but i love how they turned out.
well the only thing i had left to finish was to get bulbs for the gauges in my a-pillar pod. so i ordered some saturday and they came in today. i just took pics so give me a few minutes to get them hosted.

LEDs are a PITA to take good pictures of but here they are. the first two are of my dash the way it has been for over a year now. they last one is of the two bulbs i just put in today for the a-pillar. as you can see i couldnt exactly hold the camera perfectlly still for long enough in the last two shots.

101_0131.jpg

101_0134.jpg

101_0135.jpg

Last edited:
holy cow! that came out awesome!!

Im still awaiting on my license plate LEDs from superbrightleds...they sent me the 2 festcoon (sp?) but one was blue and the other white..So I sent them back and expect the correct color (white) soon. They did look crazy bright and mafe the back end look somewhat decent

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had lights for their license plate that resembled the lexus light blue look. You can see it on all of the new lexus models out there on the road. I would love to have that soft white with a blue tint to it over the stock white/yellowish look. I know this has probably been covered in the past, but I looked around for it and didn't see it. Tnx folks :)

Back