• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aussie Mondeo ST24

BC1000stars

New CEG'er
Hi all, or G'day if you were expecting that instead of hi ;)
Well finally I'll try and put some pics up and a little list of mods for those who are interested.

I've had my ST24 for about a year and a half, bought completely factory stock, low miles, well looked after. I'm the third owner.
I looked for quite a while until I found one that met my criteria, but as there were so few sold here it's not like there are loads for sale at any one time. Current count of registered ST24s here is under 100.

So to modding her. She's my daily drive, so although I had a decent list in my head of what I'd like to do, the number one priority was that it had to be completely reliable and drivable. I think I've got a good balance of performance and drivability.
The other big issue with modding it, was that every single part I bought was either from the UK or the USA. There are no performance or upgrade parts available in Aus for this model, so it's been a very costly exercise, but well worth it. I guess this reason is why it's not often modded here, this car.

The list of mods is not going to be fully complete cos I'm sure I'll forget something here or there.
Wheels are Velocity VW118s, 18x7.5, with 225/35R18 rubber. ET42 and I'm running 10mm spacers with extended wheel studs. About as far out as you can go without rolling guards. I like the way she sits.
She's got headlight eyebrows and Heka in-channel front window deflectors and a front splitter from a Seat Cupra S.
You'll more than likely notice she's wearing the rear sunshade. The only one I could find was weathered and cracked, so I had this one-off made in fibreglass and painted gloss black. It's much stronger (and thicker) than the original.
Funnily enough, there are probably more Aussie Sunshades in the US than there are here, (after y'all had a few shipped over back in the day!!) they are a mega rarity and I would say only one in maybe fifty cars here were fitted with them.
To find one here now is literally luck If there's one at the wreckers or something.

I have recently found what I would call the second holy grail of Mk2 Mondeo accessories, if the sunshade is number 1, and it is clearly number 1, then this is second. It's a bonnet (hood) stone chip protector. Again, only put on a very limited number of cars from dealerships when they were new. It's currently being repaired and will be painted gloss black to match the sunshade. Pics to follow when it's done. :)
Suspension is Spax fully adjustable shocks with 35mm lowering springs. All suspension bushings/ball joints have been renewed/replaced.
To the engine...
Mondeo ST200 (Contour SVT UK equivalent) UIM, LIM, TB, cable, brackets and linkages.
Pipercross Viper CAI
Direnza short ram pipe
MSDS headers with EGR delete
Full 2.5" decat system, Powerflow exhaust and resonator
Bluefin stage 2 ECU tune
OMP strut brace
Fast Road Exedy clutch
iMRC circuit board rebuilt and relocated under battery
iMRC cover painted silver with black lettering

Other engine bay goodies include a few pieces of stainless trim, Samco Silicone hose kit and some blue conduit to clean up the original black (heat affected) stuff.
Inside I've painted the dash panels the colour of the car (State Blue) and fitted an ST200 instrument cluster with blue dials. I got lucky with the colour of the blue dials, Ford made them the exact colour of my car so they match beautifully. I also installed a trip computer and upgraded the speakers, although I continue to use the factory head unit until I can find an aftermarket one I really like. I put some chrome trim rings around the heater controls and instruments in the cluster, they look very smart.
Ok, well I know I've forgotten some things, I'll post them up as I think of them.
I'll post this first bit now, then see if I can decipher how to upload some pics. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Oh I meant to say sorry about how they're only cellphone shots. I saw some other people apologise for this so I thought I should too!
I hope you like the pics and they have worked. :)

I should have mentioned, the ST200 wasn't sold in Australia, so all these parts came from the UK. The instrument cluster, being from the UK, is in MPH, so growing up with KPH dashes, it took a little getting used to, even though there are kph readings (in red lettering, and quite small) on the inner part of the speedo dial.
The throttle body, whilst coming off a UK ST200, has an SVT sticker on it. The LIM with injectors also are marked SVT, even though they came with the beige 17lb injectors. I have a set of green 19lb injectors but haven't fitted them as yet, not sure if there are gains to be had with the larger injectors.
I had forgotten to mention all Aus delivered ST24s came with front wheel arch (fender) extensions, the UK models didn't get these.
I also am trying where possible to use US terminology for bits, but still can't get used to calling the boot the 'trunk' and calling the bonnet the 'hood'! Haha ;)

I don't think those wheels are doing you any favors visually, but everything else about it is TERRIFIC. Beautiful car!

You know, I've been torn a little with these wheels. I was initially going to go with a 5 spoke design, all chrome but then thought I'd kind of like the wheels to match with the overall outside theme which is blue and black, so I chose these.
Thanks for your feedback :)

Getting a mold made has been a huge hang up here in the States. Last I heard, Detailed was gonna send off an Aussie Shade to a mold maker.

Back to the car, chrome 5-spokes would be :drool:.

I'm really liking the input on the wheels cos it's been the only thing about the car I've been a little unsure of, so keep it coming!
Well the mold is done so that's one difficult bit achieved. Only problem now is that it's 8000 miles away!

Back