• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

at work and need to know "will it fit"

24vtom

CEG'er
ok so im at work and dont have time to search for this but will 225/50/17's fit with my car lowered with eibachs?

You picked a bad time to "need" to know.

I can't think of any reason why you would "need" to know this instant. Ebay auction ending soon or something? You "want" to know. A Need is something you require to live. a want is anything else.

Either way.. in the time it will have taken for you to wait and see who responds you could have already searched.

So.. you should go do that while you wait. :)

i was at work and just had time to post, and needed to know when i got out, which was when i was going to look at the responses. but thanks for the tip :blackeye:

ok, so i found out that they are 225/45/17's. so it says in the sticky that they fit, but what about when ur lowered? jw:shrug:

Yes, they will. I run 225/45-17 and 225/35-19 on mine with Eibachs. No problems. Read the stickies next time.

I've run 225/45/17 and 235/45/17 on the BAT kit (euro sport springs and matched struts from BAT Inc. That's what I have on there, now, is 235/45/17s

ok so i went to get these wheels and tires today, and the rims fit, but the 225/45/17 are TOO big, i think its because i wasnt referring to this size tire on stock wheels. the wheels i was looking at had alot different offset, and i could make the fender sit on the tire just by putting my weight on the trunk.

i just need to find some E1's somewhere

I don't think he's saying that, guys

I think he is saying that he HAS 17's but the ones he originally looked at in passing were of a much different offset and cleared the wheel well edges. The ones he actually purchased (rims) have a different offset and is causing the tires to be so close to the fender edge that he can make them touch by pressing on the trunk.

Now he feels like he should just give up and downsize to some E1s..

At least.. if I were to give him the benefit of the doubt that would be what I would say.

haha, sorry i have stock wheels now and 2 are messed up, i had said it in a different post but forgot to mention it again.the wheels that i was going to buy and needed to know about were aftermarket 17's with 225/45/17 tires on them. they didn't fit because of the offset of the rims. sorry again for any confusion. i just want to find some E1's

I've got two sets sitting here.. too bad you're not a little closer (shipping would kill you) or I'd sell a pair.

They're in the classifieds, too, though, so you should be able to find some close to you.

Back