• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

at the tigets game. locked out of car ha

myclodel

CEG'er
So yeah. Guess my door clicker is the same fuse as radio and inside lights. Doors are locked and clicker don't work. How nice to find my key does not work in any doors...whats the easiest window to break and replace? One has a scratch so I will prolly do that one.

Unless anybody has a trick for these cars.

Just break one of the rear door glass windows. They are all the same work to fix and are very easy. I'm sure someone has a rear door glass laying around you can have.

PS, if you have a metal coat hanger you could use it to push the unlock button while you pry open the top of the door a little with your hands.

Yeah. Idk if I can find a coat hanger here lol. Will def be asking ppl though lols

Think it's my drivers front that's scratched tho. Don't remember . . Figures lol. Anybody want a how to on replacing a window? Lols

whats a tiget my nigget? if you find someone with a 10mm socket extension and socket wrench you can undo the hood latch lift the hood remove the negative battery terminal reinstall and it will open the doors for you.

Lol. Waiting on lock smith. . Can't believe my key does not unlock anything. Gona have to order new key locks o guess

i was gunna say i got a little trick i could have helped you im in wyandotte just south of Detroit but anyways im glad you got back into your car man and it did not cost you a arm and a leg

yeah, took me about 15 min to get the hanger around the door handle, pulled it enough for the door to unlock, and it was done. Still sucked thinking about breaking a windows during the whole TIGERS game. Would still love to know the trick though, now that I know my key is pointless, I just may need it lol.

ur lucky you have a contour. the cougar is a bit (about 10,000 times!) harder to unlock with a coat hanger then you car.lol.

first. the lock/unlock mechanism is at too weird of an angle
second. the botton is too hard to push
third. the handle is also at a weird angle and always slips

after an hour, trying it through the drivers window, i finally got it putting 2 coat hangers together and going through the sunroof. that took about 10 minutes:lol:

lol nice, I had to find a hotel and get a coat hanger, I wasn't gona walk back for another lmao. to funny, still can't beleive the darn key won't any of the door/trunk keyholes

Yeah, thats kinda messed up(I thought it was just a short stubby lol.

Got the system in, should check it out man, watchu up to?

guess I should wire up the alarm then lol, after wiring up the system today I'm sick of wiring for a bit. My key is broke in half I guess, think I can just go to ford and have them find a key for it? Sure that isn't cheap...

hahaha im not that kinda person id rather be proud of the fact saying i bought it with my hard earned money and did it all myself.
but alarms are always nice to have.
i got my car towed a little while back and the a** wagon the towed it broke my key off in my ignition had ford do a ignition and key for me was not vary cheap and had a lock smith make me door keys. so yeah ford can help you with your key issue and im pretty sure there is a how to on how to program your key less entry pad if not i can tell you how to do it pm me.

just have to get the vats bypass thing and like you said program, or put the extra in the thing or w/e, not sure but I did read on it. Just did our Cavalier buts its not vats, its passlock 1.

Whats up with wiring new speaker wires man, is there spare spots on the door harneses? I opened them up to run my lines and was not to happy. The thing is sweet, but wasn't expecting that lol. I just ran my rear/front wires from the amp in the trunk up to behind the glove box, tied into the wires there. But I do want to redo it soon the right way through the doors, if theres extra openings I can use. I think I read there was some unused ones in there.

yea you can repin your door/body quick connectors to one side and then drill out your new space...i personally haven't done this yet...theres nothing wrong with the route you chose to take though if done properly.

Back